    RG Guest

    If you do not have a clue I do not need to know hon many servers you
    have.

    RG, May 10, 2006

  2. RG

    Tom Scales Guest

    How many times do we have to ASK for more details. Just telling us they
    crashed is USELESS

    Tom Scales, May 10, 2006

  3. RG

    Tom Scales Guest

    Turn off the automatic reboot so you can see what the blue screen is. Tell
    us the EXACT details. We can likely fix it.

    I'd bet money it is an application you installed.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, May 10, 2006
  4. i don't think anyone could care less about your resume. if you put that
    much effort in describing the problem with your server instead of defending
    your obviously poor troubleshooting skills then you might actually find
    yourself moving closer to a solution. but your ego is in the way. you are
    your own worse enemy. next time your use rdp and your server reboots think
    about what i have said.

    Christopher Muto, May 10, 2006
  5. you fail to get a answer from dell support for the same reason why you don't
    get an answer here. you need to fully describe your problem before anyone
    can answer it. saying that it happens 'for no reason' is perhaps the
    silliest thing someone that proclaims to be technically trained could say
    about any problem.

    Christopher Muto, May 10, 2006
  6. RG

    Notan Guest

    Suggestion:

    http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/carnegie/win-friends.html

    Notan

    Notan, May 10, 2006
  7. RG

    journey Guest

    That would be my guess. If it's a Dell / Windows 2003 problem Dell
    would have heard about it loud and clear by now.

    So, it seems like it would be either something to do with that batch
    of servers (doubtful), or it'a an application, driver, or anything
    similar with your installation. Did you upgrade or install any new
    software after you got the servers?

    I would try to identify that, and if that's the problem contact the
    vendor for a fix.

    Also, remember -- Google _is_ your friend. That's the first step I
    take to resolving anything.

    Journey

    journey, May 10, 2006
  8. RG

    journey Guest

    Look, if you post and someone suggests something, then try those
    things before more posting again. You say you are busy. Well, then
    be efficient, evaluate the input you received, and try it in a logical
    manner.

    Since coming here I have received so many suggestions and I have taken
    them. Alt recommended freeware. Tom clued me in to the fact that
    Media Center Edition is closer to Pro than home, and that I could run
    more than one RDC on one computer. People helped me install a hard
    disk on my own. I could go on.

    The people here know what they are doing. Many are professionals who
    are good at whate they do. I recommend taking their input. If you
    don't, then people might feel they are wasting your time with you, and
    you certainly are wasting your own time.

    Journey

    journey, May 10, 2006
  9. RG

    journey Guest

    Did you try any of the suggestions?

    Have you posted info. to help people diagnose your problem?

    No. You are clueless. You are an idiot.

    Irene, I don't agree with you. People who post for help need to do so
    respectfully and responsibly, and that includes presenting enough
    information for them to get help.

    Tom and perhaps others responded very nicely to this gentleman asking
    for more detailed info. and none was provided.

    If this is how he is, then I would either like to see him accept input
    and advice, or I would understand why people would kiilfile him.

    For me, if this is how he is, I will probably just watch his continued
    posting, if he does continue to post, and see if there is a change
    over time based on the feedback and input of others.

    I received some feedback about my postings, and although it was hard
    to take, I reflected on it for a day and realized that there was a lot
    of truth in what the person said. So, I am trying to do better (and
    hope I am).

    Looking through this entire thread, it is obvious that this poster is
    not responsibly taking input and applying it towards resolving his
    problem.

    If this is causing a production problem for him, then maybe he needs
    to learn how to test an install before going into production. ANY
    simple test plan for a new server would have discovered that.

    When I was a professional programmer / analyst, the reusable test
    plans we created were very rigorous, and we almost always found
    problems before going into production. I am apalled at some of the
    lack of testing I see in many products being produced today.

    Some great companies:

    - www.mindjet.com - GREAT product for mind-mapping, I have used it
    to store massive amounts of information in a structure way which I
    could also move in an instant and then print out in Microsoft Word or
    other products.

    - www.miclog.com - great product for managing large amounts of
    information and finding it, encrypting information. I would not be
    without it.

    - http://www.davidrm.com/thejournal/ - an immensely useful program
    in the way you can multiple daily journals, free form topic journals,
    you can nest them under each other. I use it for effortlessly taking
    and filing notes.

    All of these programs have been created in extremely rigourous ways.
    Unfortunately like I said there are far more exceptions to this.

    So, maybe if the OP would use some professional techniques and have a
    more receptive mind, he would be able to identify and resolve his
    problem.

    Either that or he can wallow in complaining about Dell.

    Journey

    journey, May 10, 2006
  10. RG

    journey Guest

    What are the 3 languages. I don't think you should include English in
    that list. You need night courses in ESL I think you have an
    inferiority complex which is why you need to fluff yourself up like
    that.

    A person can work in a field for years and still not be a seasoned
    professional. You do not act like a seasoned professional, which is
    what you imply in your need to stroke your ego based on feeling
    inferior.

    You don't take input from others.

    Why not? Can you simply answer that question in a thorough manner?
    That is the root of all the discussion here so I challenge you to
    answer that.

    What kind of test plan did you have in place for your new servers? It
    wasn't quite clear but it seems like you may have been running Windows
    2000 on your prior servers.

    If that's the case, then you should contact the vendors of your
    products and make sure that they work with Windows 2003. You should
    do testing of your servers before putting them into production.
    Depending on the environment and applications, that could mean having
    some users or developers do some testing of their own applications on
    your test environment. Require them to respond that they completed
    their testing and that everything worked OK. One reason for this is
    to make sure you do a thorough job, and the other is very important --
    to cover your a** (CYA).

    So, other questions (not as important as the one above) ...

    - Were you using Win 2000 before?

    - When you got the Win 2003 servers, did you test RDC right away
    before installing any apps, i.e. a totally "clean" test with the
    computers the exact way in which they arrived?

    - Have you done the procedures above, making sure your products and
    apps work with Win 2003?

    - If it did work upon arrival, did you install software and after
    each install check RDC?

    So, come on, be professional and take it from here. I could go on,
    but I'm not the project manager for this install -- you are.

    If you want to inflate your ego don't do so by talking to us and then
    showing your incompetance.

    Do so now by showing your approach to installing the servers and
    fixing the problem.

    Journey

    journey, May 10, 2006
  11. RG

    journey Guest

    journey, May 10, 2006
  12. RG

    RG Guest

    okay friends i found the problem.
    I have windows server 2003 R2 on my servers (Dell Server).
    so what I did is install Windows 2003 Standard version on one of my
    Dell servers and guess what !It works! so It looks like threre is some
    kind of problem with this figure DELL-Win2003R2 what is that I do not
    know yet. But I resolv somehow my problem and It works for me. Lest
    forget about critics and attacks this info probably will help other
    people maybe not but I beleive IT people should work together instead
    writting critics.

    RG, May 10, 2006
  13. RG

    journey Guest

    Sorry, but you are no role model or example of providing good
    information, and any info. you provided above is buried in a heap of
    knowledgeable professionals giving input to your ignorant approach to
    resolving problems and effectively using newsgroups.

    In short, you are pathetic.

    Journey

    journey, May 10, 2006
  14. RG

    RG Guest

    More.... I install Windows Server 2003 R2 in different server different
    brand. Same result it reboots itself and the server has only windows
    plain no extra software. I am set I leave this issue to Microsoft.
    Thanks anyway.

    RG, May 10, 2006
  15. RG

    hdrdtd Guest

    Well that's good news.

    FWIW, here's a site that gives a simple explanation of what Windows Server
    2003 R2 is. It appears that R2 is a slightly newer/updated version of
    Server 2003.

    It would appear that for some as yet 'unknown reason', 'something'
    introduced in the R2 release is not completely compatable with your servers.

    At this point if it were me, and the 'features' added in R2 were not
    important for what I was going to use my servers for, I'd just remover R2,
    install Server 2003 as you did, and move on.

    It still doesn't explain Dell's lack of support for your problem. After all
    any time a manufacturer has a deal with MS to sell an OEM version of a
    product, that manufacturer agrees to provide support for that piece of
    software. Thus, Dell 'should' have been the place to go to resolve the
    original problem.

    hdrdtd, May 10, 2006
  16. RG

    PeterD Guest

    What part of "turn off automatic reboot, and post the blue screen
    data" was unclear?

    PeterD, May 10, 2006
  17. RG

    Tom Scales Guest

    Help others than.

    WHAT WAS THE ERROR!

    Tom Scales, May 10, 2006
  18. RG

    journey Guest

    Yes, what was the error, what was the resolution. If you want to help
    others then create a separate thread with a really good subject
    heading that would show up in searches.

    Post about the problem, the specifics involved, and the resolution.

    If people spend time trying to help you, it is best to give back too.

    I'm not going to waste any more of my time with this guy whenever he
    posts like this.

    Journey

    journey, May 11, 2006
  19. RG

    Leythos Guest

    I highly suspect that it has nothing to do with the server being a
    "Dell". We've used all sorts of Dell, low end, high end, and nothing
    faults on any of them.

    If you are having problems when you connect, then you've got bigger
    issues - like a corrupt installation, a virus, bad Memory, etc...

    Please tell us the following:

    Dell Server model number
    Amount of RAM (and how many sticks)
    Drives - what type/qty
    RAID Controller type?

    Windows 2003 Server? What version (SBS, Standard, and what service
    packs)?

    What drivers did you use, those in Windows or the ones that are included
    in the Drivers CD with the server?

    Did you see if there is/was a BIOS Firmware update available?

    What antivirus software are you running on the server?

    What firewall, if any, are you running on the server?

    Leythos, May 11, 2006

  20. -stupid question but did you check the MS knowledgebase?
    -Have you updated your server BIOS and firmware for components?
    -Have you updated network,video,chipset,raid drivers, etc (some from
    manufacturer instead of dell)?
    -Have you fully patched your R2 install?
    -Are you using the most recent RDP client?

    FYI: RDP works fine for me with R2 through a VMware install of it, as
    well as on one of our IBM HS20 blade servers.

    NoneOfBusiness, May 20, 2006