    Leythos Guest

    Got news for you - the people voted and BUSH WON - now face that fact or
    stop whining.

    Leythos, Mar 1, 2005

  2. Timothy Daniels

    Ben Myers Guest

    And, of course, the people voted based on all the facts presented objectively to
    the public by the Bush regime. Getting back on topic, talk about your bait and
    switch! ... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Timothy Daniels

    Leythos Guest

    Sheesh, and I suppose that you believe the Kerry camp just presented facts
    and other information that was completely honest and correct all the time?

    The only bait and switch was Kerry, he would bait people into attending
    his SHOWS and then change his position for the next SHOW, at least Bush
    always had the same stance on his positions.

    So, instead of whining about it until Hillaryious becomes president, just
    get over it, accept it, and be happy that you don't have a two faced,
    dishonorable, gumby looking, double talker, idiot in the office now.

    Dell is about as guilty of Bait-Switch as this thread is - they present
    you with options and if you want something else it's not B&S by Dell. I'm
    sure that if they only offered two products someone would still complain
    about it.

    Leythos, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Timothy Daniels

    Ben Myers Guest

    Honesty and complete presentation of the facts were not part of the last
    presidential campaign. BOTH candidates were full of fog and obfuscation. I
    don't hate Bush, but because I am not in the top 1% of wage earners, the Bush
    regimes policies have hit me in the pocketbook, time and again and again. When
    well over half of the people in this country take an economic hit, even those
    who voted for Bushie, can we call this government of the people, by the people
    and for the people? Heck no!!!

    You and I and all our children will pay and pay dearly for what can only be
    characterized as the reckless economic policy of the last four years. We've
    gone from a healthy budgetary surplus to horrific budget deficits and equally
    horrific balance of payment issues in just over four years. Yes, 9/11 and the
    dot-com implosion helped. So did Enron, Arthur Anderson, Health South, AIG and
    all the other corporate thieves. But the bottom line is that cutting taxes and
    increasing spending results in deficits. Duh! Doesn't anyone in Washington do
    the math? ... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Mar 1, 2005
  5. Timothy Daniels

    Leythos Guest

    I'm not sure I agree with you - most of the problems we're seeing and
    going to be seeing were started more than 10 years ago. People complain
    about the economy all the time, but I left a very high paying job just
    over two years ago to start a IT company and have not missed a single pay
    period yet, and we've grown every quarter.

    I'm not a political type, am actually registered Independent, but I did
    vote for Bush, did the last time too, and if he could run again I would
    again. As a father and business owner I've seen too much of what the
    Democrats can do to the economy and jobs and all the crap they put out for
    the poor that don't want to help themselves, and I welcome the change to
    sustain yourself mode.

    If you would get rid of the PAC's and allow government to be just
    government and not a organization that has to take care of everyone and
    ever special interest group we would be debt free in short time. It would
    also be very nice to see the Federal employees have to use Social Security
    - including the elected representatives.

    Leythos, Mar 1, 2005
  6. well said. and least we forget the defective thinking that got us into the
    iraq mess where another 122 innocent people died earlier today. i also can
    not help wondering why new york city, the place that suffered (and still
    suffers from) the greatest loss from the 9/11 attacks, and a place that
    remains to be the most likely target for future attacks, voted
    overwhelmingly against bush. bush won, but the country lost.

    11/2004 presidential election results for nyc were 16% for bush, 78% for
    kerry
    http://www.miata.net/faq/wheel_weights.html

    Christopher Muto, Mar 1, 2005
  7. wrong link... should be
    http://vote.nyc.ny.us/pdf/results/2004/general/G2004Recaps.pdf

    Christopher Muto, Mar 1, 2005
  8. Timothy Daniels

    S.Lewis Guest

    Lest we forget that well over 100,000 Americans died in the U.S. Civil War.
    I suppose we could've avoided all of that abolition stuff and simply
    negotiated with the confederacy. We'd all be better off today, no? <sarcasm>

    I really do hate it when this group rails of topic into politics. I find
    myself at odds with many in here whose opinions I otherwise hold in high
    regard.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Mar 1, 2005

  9. While it's mostly attorneys who benefit *directly* from class action suits,
    we all benefit indirectly as consumers because the threat of law suit is
    one of the few things that keep corporations in check. The government
    is *supposed* to do that for us, but, well... you know how that goes.
    Whenever a class action suit is slapped on a publicly-owned company,
    its stock price goes down because every analyst knows what a drain they
    frequently are on the corporate officers' time and attention. They can drag
    on for years and sap a company's strength and vitality. That is why they are
    frequently settled out of court. The attorneys reap a wad of fees, and the
    company goes on, but a bit chastised. Corporations may set aside funds
    for unforeseen law suits, but those funds come out of company profits, and
    companies try to avoid law suits to keep their profit margins up. I agree that
    class action suits are an inefficient way to police corporations, but in the
    absence of effective government agencies, what other mechanism is there?

    *TimDaniels*

    Timothy Daniels, Mar 1, 2005
  10. Timothy Daniels

    Jerry Park Guest

    Free market forces?

    Jerry Park, Mar 1, 2005
  11. Timothy Daniels

    Sparky Guest

    Only in that the US has even more lawyers now.
    Obviously.

    ;)

    Sparky, Mar 1, 2005
  12. Timothy Daniels

    Sparky Guest

    Judges should have leeway in making this decision.

    Sparky, Mar 1, 2005
  13. Timothy Daniels

    Sparky Guest

    You've just established yourself as a Rush lapdog & have lost all
    credibility whatsoever.

    Social Security ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

    Sparky, Mar 1, 2005
  14. Timothy Daniels

    S.Lewis Guest

    Don't bait the RDDB's......

    ;-)

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Mar 1, 2005
  15. Timothy Daniels

    Leythos Guest

    That's funny - some one I don't know telling me I'm not credible to them.
    If you have a problem with my opinion on the economy or the leadership
    then I suspect that you have no credibility and no business experience in
    the world.

    Leythos, Mar 2, 2005
  16. Timothy Daniels

    Sparky Guest

    Don't you mean "face that fact AND stop whining"? ;)

    Yes, Bush won the election; but that's no reason to roll over & play
    dead while he completes the rape of the US. Remember the Republicons &
    President Clinton in the 90's? Don't expect people to treat you any
    better than you've been treating them (so bend over & grab your argyles).

    Sparky, Mar 2, 2005
  17. Timothy Daniels

    Leythos Guest

    No, I figured the poster was in denial and that's why they were whining.
    I figured it they could face/accept the Fact that it would mean they would
    stop whining, if not, they could just stop whining. Most people that
    accept a fact don't whine about it any more.
    But we weren't any better with the Democrats, it only appeared that it was
    better on the outside. I worked in the IT sector, as a DBA/Network
    designer in those days, then later as a Manager, then later was a Director
    for everything east of Chicago, and when the West coast started to suffer
    most people didn't see it hitting the East. A few years ago I quit that
    company and started my own, just walked in one day and said I'm done (gave
    30 days notice) and started my own IT company - been good ever since.

    The Dem's let this country slip, ignored the people and businesses, and
    didn't care about anything except looking politically correct to the
    world. I like a President that has his own personal convictions, not
    afraid to admit that he's done some Illegal and wrong things, and that's
    willing to make a stand on his beliefs, and is also willing to take
    preventative measures to make sure that there is less of a chance that
    9/11 doesn't happen again. Now, don't give me any Bush crap, my oldest son
    in currently in 11th grade, a honorable member of ROTC in school and will
    be joining the Air Force or the Marines when he graduates. I was in the
    Navy, father in the Marines, brother in the Air Force (and was in the
    Pentagon when it was hit that day), etc... I fully support "going after"
    the enemy so that we don't have to do it on our soil - take it to the
    people that have taken it to the world.

    As a former member of the Navy, honorably discharged, DD214 on file at the
    local county court house, I'm still waiting for Kerry to release his DD214
    records - any vet that was Honorably discharged would do it in a
    heart-beat. Only this with "Other than Honorable" discharges hide them.

    Leythos, Mar 2, 2005
  18. Christopher Muto, Mar 2, 2005
  19. Timothy Daniels

    Ben Myers Guest

    Denial? Heck no! l deny being in denial. So I guess I am in some sort of
    philosophic meta-denial, having denied being in denial.

    I read the pinko subversive NY Times and the Financial Times (non-US
    perspective) cover to cover every day to get a reality check on my own
    observations and experience, plus on-line news sources. If the dollar continues
    to lose significant value against major currencies or China finally decides to
    do a significant revaluation of the RMB against $US, you have the makings for
    world-wide economic chaos. I don't need to be Greenspan to make that sort of
    prediction, either. Of course, I don't wear Greenspan's blinders, either.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Mar 2, 2005
  20. Timothy Daniels

    Leythos Guest

    I see you've fallen for the Kerry lies too - Kerry was discharged in 72 if
    I remember correctly. The one he shows on the site above shows 78, it's
    not the same discharge as he would have got the first time.

    It's kind of funny too - the DD215 shows that it's correcting a DD214
    (Item 24) that was dated 3-01-70, but the DD214 he shows in the links
    provided is not dated in 1970!

    I'm telling you, as a X-Navy service member, with a long history of
    service to our country, if you don't look at any of the political or
    swiftboat sites (as I don't follow either sides BS), and just look at his
    refusal to present his DD214, then you can see what he really did/stands
    for.

    I just looked at my DD214 and all the dates on it are correct and match my
    separation date, my awards dates, etc...

    Don't forget, Carter granted Amnesty to a lot of Vets that were given
    OTH's, and some of the paperwork that Kerry has shown has official dates
    of the Carter era - which is another reason I fully believe that Kerry was
    OTH discharged.

    As I said before, I don't care about the politics, I'm an independent, but
    I'll take Bush's ways/methods/beliefs over anyone halfway like Kerry
    appears to be.

    that supported them - Kerry is on file (video) of telling one group of
    supporters that he supports their position and the next group at another
    rally that he directly opposes the position he supported with the first
    group - I didn't see anything like that from Bush.

    Oh, one last thing - During the campaign's I got numerous calls from
    President Bush and Laura and several others inviting me to Dinner with
    them, but none on the Kerry team called to invite me to dinner :)

    Leythos, Mar 2, 2005