Dell sued for "bait and switch" and false promises

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Timothy Daniels, Feb 27, 2005.

  1. Timothy Daniels

    Leythos Guest

    Funny thing - facts are based on perception in most cases. Since I run an
    I.T. company that was started just over 2 years ago, and since I've been
    in the business for a LONG time, I would like to point out that I started
    my company in the middle of Bush's first term, well after Clinton people
    started the raping of the IT community, and that under Bush and his
    policies that I've managed to grow the company and to gain many new long
    term clients. I've also seen our country become stronger, better defended,
    and a change for the better in many countries outside the US that would
    not have changed (one's we've not even entered) had this presidency taken
    the actions they have already - Look at how Egypt and Syria have changed.

    Sure, we're in debt, but you might want to consider where most of the debt
    came from - it wasn't the war. Take a look at what government should be
    supporting, and it's not all the welfare people/states that it's
    supporting now.

    As for the economy, it's getting stronger, and many businesses are seeing
    an increase in orders and even rates they can charge. Sure, there are
    still problems with outsourcing, but the rates for some workers in those
    outsourcing areas has also increased, which makes it less of a benefit to
    outsource.....

    Leythos, Mar 9, 2005

  2. Timothy Daniels

    Irene Guest

    You can't reason with the "knee jerk liberal left". They ignore the facts,
    and ignore history. The make up "facts" to suit their purpose and even
    attempt to change history when it suits them.

    Irene, Mar 9, 2005

  3. Timothy Daniels

    Leythos Guest

    Irene, I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or disagreeing with me.
    I busted a couple ribs yesterday and I'm taking something called perkaset
    and it's messes with me a little - I would hope that you're not falling
    for that stuff Ben or Bea is posting. I suspect that neither one of them
    have ever been in a foreign country let alone ever owned their own company.

    Leythos, Mar 9, 2005
  4. Timothy Daniels

    Dogface Guest

    CNN? You mean the bunch of weasels that withheld reporting about Iraq so
    they could stay in the country and report how all the poor Iraqis were being
    killed by the sanctions? Of course all those palaces being built at the
    same time wouldn't cause one to wonder where all the money was coming from.
    Eason Jordan, the same guy that was just forced to resign over his
    statements about U.S. troops targeting reporters.

    http://essaysfromexodus.scripting.com/stories/storyReader$1991
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/11/easonjordan.cnn/

    Dogface, Mar 9, 2005
  5. Timothy Daniels

    Leythos Guest

    Bravo - you got it on the head on all points. Many sheep will still
    disagree with you, but you're 100% correct.

    Leythos, Mar 9, 2005
  6. Timothy Daniels

    Dogface Guest

    Egads... The Soviet Union went into Afghanistan to prop up the leftist
    government that wasn't supported by most of the people and certainly not the
    cultural history of the region. The U.S. is helping setup a democratic
    system as best it can given the situation. And a majority of the Iraqi
    people came out to vote in support of the process! These are similar
    situations?! Such defeatist attitudes on your part are shocking. It is
    exactly what the enemy counts on. Kill a few soldiers and make it seem like
    nothing good is happening. Too many like yourself are willing to help them
    propagate this fallacy.

    BTW, the Soviet Union was bankrupted by much more than the Afghan war. The
    Soviet Union NEVER had any wealth. Their economy was no economy at all.
    Their downfall was trying to maintain the image of a world superpower with a
    third world economy.

    Foreign companies buying other companies has been going on for decades.
    Welcome to globalization. Hardly a fault of the current administration.
    It'll continue until there is one left standing I guess.

    Tax cuts for the wealthy? Or put another way, tax cuts for those THAT PAID
    TAXES. 50% of Americans PAY NO INCOME TAX. You can't "cut" what you have
    already reduced to zero. Or do you propose giving them even more back that
    they didn't pay in?

    And as for weak public education systems, it surely isn't from a lack of
    money over the years. The more money that has been pumped in, the stupider
    the kids have gotten. Could it possibly be that teachers are trying to
    teach kids that can't read when they get to first grade because their
    parents aren't teaching them? Could it be that teachers spend more time
    being babysitters for problem kids instead of teaching? And then there is
    special education that requires massive spending one a few students to the
    detriment of many. That one is a tough call but clearly there have to be
    limits.

    What WILL bankrupt this country is the massive outflow of industry and jobs
    combined with massive social welfare programs that do nothing but establish
    permanent constituencies for politicians.

    Dogface, Mar 9, 2005
  7. Timothy Daniels

    Dogface Guest

    I'll buy into your premise for a minute. So just why did the Iranians gas
    the Kurds? Do you agree that these are the same two peoples that were
    fighting Saddam at the same time?

    Dogface, Mar 9, 2005
  8. just for fun, try watching something other than fox news.

    Christopher Muto, Mar 9, 2005
  9. Timothy Daniels

    Leythos Guest

    I don't get my news from any public media, at least not news I rely on and
    certainly not news I would trust. I've been in 'situations' that were not
    reported even close to what we were doing, and I've been in 'situations'
    that were not reported at all. I've also seen reports of 'situations' that
    never happened.

    So, where do you get your information?

    Leythos, Mar 9, 2005
  10. Timothy Daniels

    Ben Myers Guest

    Yes. It was George Santayana who came up with that pearl. And it applies well
    to the history of the Russian debacle in Afghanistan... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Mar 9, 2005
  11. Timothy Daniels

    Ben Myers Guest

    Said statement cuts both ways... Ben

    Ben Myers, Mar 9, 2005
  12. Timothy Daniels

    Ben Myers Guest

    Not very accurate suspicions! I worked one year in the old Yugoslavia of Tito,
    one year in Belgium, and four years in Italy. I remain very fluent in Italian,
    and I have some decent comprehension for both French and German. My company has
    been incorporated since 1987... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Mar 9, 2005
  13. Timothy Daniels

    Ben Myers Guest

    By foreign aid? Heavens no. Foreign aid is miniscule compared to the $$$ spent

    Ben Myers, Mar 9, 2005
  14. Timothy Daniels

    Leythos Guest

    Have you been around the civil unrest or involved in conflicts, been in a
    group of civilians that was mugged because they were foreigners? Have you
    ever been in a foreign country where you had things thrown at you for
    being American. Have you ever been in a foreign country where the people
    praised your presence for being American, where the older folks invite you
    to dinner as you walk by their residences without even knowing you to say
    thanks.....

    I was in Naples when someone exploded a bomb in the USO club while I was
    less than a block away from it.

    I don't look on the world the same after having been in the above
    situations and in some of the most hostile countries around the world.

    Even though I'm no in the service any more, my oldest is about ready to
    get out of High School and will be joining the service and as long as Bush
    is running the show I approve of him joining - If we get someone like
    Clinton or Kerry or Gore or anyone like them, I would never approve of his
    joining.

    Look at the impact the US is having around the globe to change oppressive
    governments without even having to enter those countries - this is all
    because of our current leadership. The world IS a better place because of
    these actions. What people are unable to see is that there is LESS threat
    now than before, but those same sheep didn't see those threats before
    because the only hear/understand the picture from the Media.

    Leythos, Mar 9, 2005
  15. you have once again dogged answering my question and instead present a
    question of your own in an attempt to change the focus. you obviously have
    not bothered to read the articles that i previously provided or you would
    have found the answer that you seek. in short you appear to lack sincerity
    in having a real conversation and have already made up your mind based on
    something that remains unknown.

    Christopher Muto, Mar 9, 2005
  16. Timothy Daniels

    Dogface Guest

    I have looked at the "articles" you refer to. They are not what I would
    consider knowledgeable or legitimate news sources. Anybody can post
    anything they want on a website. The gist of all of them is that it wasn't
    Iraq that did the gassing, or that it might have been Iran. OK... I'm
    going along with you. So there is "doubt" in some people's minds.

    Now we have to look at likely suspects with motive and opportunity, just
    like a detective investigating a crime. There are many cases of Saddam
    going after the Kurds with many types of weapons. After all, they were
    trying to carve out their own little section of Iraq where they could be
    safe and setup their own country of sorts. They were a threat to Saddam.
    They were heavily armed and dangerous.

    Now just why do you think the Iranians gassed the Kurds? Don't evade the
    question. What would be their motive? What would they gain? I'm all ears!

    Dogface, Mar 9, 2005
  17. Timothy Daniels

    Leythos Guest

    You posted this as a reply to me - and I think you will find that I don't
    believe in the talk to them method, I'm for the eye-for-an-eye, hang their
    dead bodies on the courthouse lawn type justice.

    Maybe you were replying to someone other than me, since I don't believe in
    the ALCU or any of those other groups that want to make excuses for
    peoples bad actions.

    Leythos, Mar 9, 2005
  18. Timothy Daniels

    Dogface Guest

    We all know that if we just sat down and talked to the terrorists nicely, or
    maybe sent them to school to be educated, they would see that they are not
    being nice to us and drop all their weapons and bombs and be our bestest of
    friends. We can call it the Education & Cordiality Jihad. I'm sure they'll
    all come and sit down and see it our way...

    Or we can show them we have the will and courage to hunt them down wherever
    they hide, and kill them. I'm not big into capturing them right now because
    the ACLU is trying to get them all lawyers (probably at our expense).
    Putting women's underwear on their head is "abuse" and "torture" by some but
    hacking off somebody's head with a knife draws almost no reaction. The
    nightly news should show it repeatedly so that everybody GETS IT.

    There can be no deals with evil. You either face it and defeat it or you
    better be prepared to live according to their terms.

    Dogface, Mar 9, 2005
  19. Timothy Daniels

    Dogface Guest

    Sorry about that... I'm losing my place in all these threads.
    And yes, I figured a while back that you were not a card carrying member of
    the ACLU.

    Dogface, Mar 9, 2005
  20. Timothy Daniels

    Ben Myers Guest

    Sam Irwin & Co proved conclusively that Nixon knew that the Watergate break-in
    was going to take place. He also knew it was illegal. He did not stop it. The
    burglers were tracked down. It happened on his watch. In the memorable words
    of Harry S. Truman, never a shirker of responsibility: "The buck stops here."

    Nixon was compulsive enough that he very well could have micromanaged the
    break-in. People in high places have done wierder things. He never told us.
    The other parties to the caper have not been forthcoming on the details to date.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Mar 9, 2005