    MZB Guest

    Uh..what are we supposed to be doing in Iraq???

    Mel

    MZB, Oct 6, 2007

  2. looking for weapons of mass distraction. and we found them, in spades.

    Christopher Muto, Oct 6, 2007

  3. Kenneth J. Harris

    RnR Guest

    Actually we didn't need to look any farther than our own congressmen
    and president. I wonder how many they are responsible for killing in
    this troubled war.

    RnR, Oct 6, 2007
  4. Kenneth J. Harris

    RnR Guest

    Still in Brooklyn ? I had friends that lived in Brooklyn once.
    Lost touch tho with those friends.

    RnR, Oct 6, 2007
  5. Kenneth J. Harris

    MZB Guest

    I left Brooklyn many decades ago.

    I live in Michigan (still teaching, but as a college prof)

    Mel

    MZB, Oct 6, 2007
  6. Kenneth J. Harris

    MZB Guest

    It's absolutely amazing.

    If Bush was Pres. when Japan attacked we probably would have attacked
    Sweden.

    In fact, sad to say that, I think, every war we have been involved in since
    after WW II has been questionable, to say the least.

    I'll get off my soapbox now.

    Mel

    MZB, Oct 6, 2007
  7. Kenneth J. Harris

    Joan Hansen Guest

    Thanks Stew, I'm always checking - just not much to say.

    Joan Hansen, Oct 6, 2007
  8. Kenneth J. Harris

    Journey Guest

    I didn't know that the f*ing (frink'in) Washington lawyer caused that
    dry cleaner to have to shut two stores. I hope they can sue him for
    the damages of his frivelous lawsuit, and I hope that the lawyer who
    sued will be disbarred.

    As far as the photographs, Dell should be responsible for setting up
    and administering policy. Obviously Dell wouldn't condone any kind of
    e-mail harassment. Part of their policy should be to terminate anyone
    who is not professional on the phone or e-mail.

    The people in the wrong here are, in order:

    - The couple filing the lawsuite for 50 million. They were not
    damaged to that degree and everyone knows it. They are misusing the
    court system and underminnig the foundation of a sane judiciary.

    - The person who sent the vile photographs and other things. That
    person should be held to the full account of the law, and I would
    think that a substatial prison sentence could result.

    - Dell, but only if they didn't train their employees properly and
    cover themselves, and only if they didn't take action right away and
    terminate the offending employee.

    The couple filing the lawsuit was allegidly (sp) assaulted. They,
    however, are assaulting our system and assaulting others financially
    due to the financial effect it would have on the rest of us.

    IMO, (from The World According to Journey)

    "Journey for President"

    Journey, Oct 6, 2007
  9. Kenneth J. Harris

    Journey Guest

    Hi Joan,

    Good to see you. Where are the answers that you refer to -- could you
    post a link?

    Thanks!

    Journey, Oct 6, 2007
  10. Kenneth J. Harris

    Joan Hansen Guest

    Joan Hansen, Oct 6, 2007
  11. Kenneth J. Harris

    Journey Guest

    You're right -- very funny comments. Things like this tend to bring
    out the humor in people.

    I really believe the couple should face a hefty fine for trying to put
    something like this through the court system. In a way, it could be a
    form of blackmail if they just want Dell to settle out of court for a
    million $ or two, or so that their story of receiving 5 defective Dell
    computers isn't spread.

    If something like this would actually net million$, heck... there is a
    lot of potential for collaboration with tech support people for
    "legalized blackmail".

    I'd like to know what happened with the lawyer who sued the dry
    cleaners. I guess Google is my friend. It's crazy that our system
    even entertains these kinds of lawsuits. The dry cleaners were being
    harassed -- the lawyer who was sueing them was breaking the law with
    his legal action...

    By the way -- I did get into gaming for a while. I mainly played
    Command and Conquer Generals. I got to the point in which I was
    winning about 67% of my games and then decided that it wasn't really
    adding to my life or anyone else's to do so.

    Now I need to find a mindless game I can play for a while now and then
    -- some real-time 3D shoot-em game. I have 2142 Battlefield but
    haven't tried it.

    Are you still into games, if so what are you playing these days?

    Journey, Oct 7, 2007
  12. Kenneth J. Harris

    BigJim Guest

    I wish I was on the Jury, I would award the plaintiff a New Computer and
    make Dell pay court cost.
    I don't think Dell support has the brains to return calls.

    BigJim, Oct 7, 2007
  13. Without knowing any more of the details?
    I sure hope you and others who also make such quick judgments are
    never on a jury affecting me or my friends.

    Jupiter Jones, Oct 7, 2007
  14. Kenneth J. Harris

    S.Lewis Guest

    What's your main machine these days? Didn't you have an XPS?

    (Seem to recall you enjoyed some fairly moderate to serious gaming)?

    Forgive me if my memory is failing.

    -Stew

    S.Lewis, Oct 7, 2007
  15. Kenneth J. Harris

    Ben Myers Guest

    The lawyer who sued the dry cleaners defended himself in court. The case got
    good coverage on MSNBC's Countdown and a few other national media. Last I heard
    was a rumor of an ethics action against him by the Wash DC Bar Assn. Nice that
    they try to rein in their own kind once in a while... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Oct 7, 2007
  16. Kenneth J. Harris

    Journey Guest

    That's exactly right. Jurors have a special responsibility to analyze
    the facts of a case given instructions from the judge related to the
    appropriate laws and not preconceived notions, or -- if the
    prospective juror cannot do that, then that juror should be eliminated
    during the process of jury selection.

    Journey, Oct 7, 2007
  17. Kenneth J. Harris

    Journey Guest

    He should be disbarred for life. He is a disgrace to our judicial
    system.

    Journey, Oct 7, 2007
  18. Kenneth J. Harris

    Journey Guest

    I should also mention though that at times the Supreme Court itself is
    a disgrace to our judicial system.

    Journey, Oct 7, 2007
  19. Kenneth J. Harris

    Joan Hansen Guest

    XPS 700
    Processor
    2.40 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    4096 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    Bus Clock: 1066 megahertz
    2046 Megabytes Installed Memory
    Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX 512 meg memory
    Hard Drives
    c: (FAT32 on drive 0) 156.30 GB internal 10000 K fast drive
    k: (FAT32 on drive 1) 120.00 GB external WD
    l: (FAT32 on drive 6) 61.44 GB external Maxtor
    m: (FAT32 on drive 6) 61.42 GB “ ”
    PHILIPS DVD-ROM DROM6316 [CD-ROM drive]
    TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H553A [CD-ROM drive]
    Y-E DATA USB-FDU USB Device [Floppy drive]

    Its a beautiful system. Big, weighs a ton but very very quite.

    Joan

    Joan Hansen, Oct 7, 2007
  20. Kenneth J. Harris

    Joan Hansen Guest

    Forgot, Halo is the only serious fast gaming I do lately. I'm hooked on
    Adventure games now. But I do need a powerhouse for the video DVD's I
    also create.

    Joan

    Joan Hansen, Oct 7, 2007