    no, but that's not the title of his new book where he rips apart Anita Hill for
    calling attention to his pecadilloes 16 years ago. Talk about bearing a grudge!
    Let's put the judgement back into the judges... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Oct 7, 2007

  2. Kenneth J. Harris

    Tony Harding Guest

    Did you consider the motherboard upgrade?

    Tony Harding, Oct 7, 2007

  3. Kenneth J. Harris

    Tony Harding Guest

    Minor nit, he was the plaintiff, so no defense required.

    Tony Harding, Oct 7, 2007
  4. Kenneth J. Harris

    Tony Harding Guest

    His book is causing a lot of people in high places to question if Thomas
    could really be impartial under certain circumstances, e.g., someone he
    ranted against is a party to a suit which reaches the Supremes.

    Tony Harding, Oct 7, 2007
  5. Kenneth J. Harris

    Tony Harding Guest

    Is their attorney actually representing them pro bono?

    Tony Harding, Oct 7, 2007
  6. Kenneth J. Harris

    Tony Harding Guest

    I'd bet that Dell's tech support people, like other companies' tech
    support people, are too busy to make extraneous phone calls to harass
    customers. And what did they do to provoke such a reaction from Sajjad?

    There's a lot more here than what we've seen in Newsday.

    Tony Harding, Oct 7, 2007
  7. As it is with most reporting.
    The whole story is seldom seen in the initial reports.
    And often not later either.

    Jupiter Jones, Oct 7, 2007
  8. Corrections/updates from the front - I live in the DC area and
    have followed this story since it popped up on the radar.

    The dry cleaners (a couple) did not have to close any stores.
    After the story broke, enough donations rolled in from
    sympathetic people that legal fees for their defense were fully
    covered.

    As a result, when the lawyer filed an appeal of his loss, the
    couple dropped the original lawsuit they had filed for legal
    fees, asking him to drop his appeal. He didn't.

    This was not this particular lawyer's first "gadfly" suit, he has
    apparently been involved in several of these; this is just the
    first that got any media attention.

    The lawyer is an administrative law judge in the DC court system.
    [As it operates in this jurisdiction, it is a combo
    magistrate/court-appointed arbitrator.] His appointive position
    was coming up for reappointment during this case, and this case
    put paid to any hopes he had for reappointment. He has already
    received notification that he will not be reappointed to what had
    been his sole source of income. He has appealed that preliminary
    notification, but the betting of lawyers familiar with these
    things is that he's toast.

    The couple did close the single store that was involved in the
    case, but not to pay legal fees. During the case, patronage had
    dropped off, and although they were sure it would recover,
    they're old enough, and the kids are out of college, that they
    decided the effort needed to work for that recovery wasn't worth
    it. They still operate their two remaining stores.

    As in most places you really have to screw up badly and publicly
    as a lawyer in DC to get disbarred. The DC Bar Association "is
    reviewing several complaints and will consider disbandment."
    Betting by those "lawyers familiar with these things" is that
    this one made enough of a public stink, and revealed enough of
    his prior frivolous lawsuits, that his law license is toast also.

    Of course, in DC nothing is ever certain, whether it's at the
    federal or local level. ;->

    Ogden Johnson III, Oct 7, 2007
  9. Kenneth J. Harris

    Tom Scales Guest

    You're all missing one of the most important parts of the story. At the
    time of the lawsuit, the attorney in question was a JUDGE!

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18471265/

    Tom Scales, Oct 7, 2007
  10. Kenneth J. Harris

    Ben Myers Guest

    My bad! I tend to forget some of the details in the ever growing panorama of
    idocy in the world. The judge is still a sitting judge. Sitting on his throne
    apparently. His only real throne is one in a very small room called a toilet.
    He apparently thought of himself as some sort of super hero with super magical
    legal powers. If lawyers would not suck a lawsuit dry, I would think that the
    owners of the dry cleaners have grounds for a lawsuit or two for defamation of
    character, loss of business and on and on... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Oct 7, 2007
  11. Kenneth J. Harris

    RnR Guest

    For some reason, I never believed Clarence Thomas regarding Anita
    Hill. I can't prove it tho just my hunch. I wonder if he got
    approved and she got more or less dismissed because it's mostly a
    men's club atmosphere in DC ? I say this because of all the
    allegations of unnamed parties using a dating service in DC but
    amazingly they make sure the public doesn't hear all the names
    attached to it.

    RnR, Oct 7, 2007
  12. Kenneth J. Harris

    WSZsr Guest

    Nice rig Joan! Why FAT32?

    WSZsr, Oct 7, 2007
  13. Kenneth J. Harris

    Joan Hansen Guest

    I didn't know I could get an upgrade. Does that mean I have to replace
    the motherboard?

    Joan

    Joan Hansen, Oct 7, 2007
  14. Kenneth J. Harris

    Joan Hansen Guest

    I'm old and stubborn. I believe fat32 is a little faster and better for
    games. It may not be - but that is just me.

    Joan

    Joan Hansen, Oct 7, 2007
  15. Kenneth J. Harris

    S.Lewis Guest

    S.Lewis, Oct 7, 2007
  16. Kenneth J. Harris

    S.Lewis Guest

    S.Lewis, Oct 7, 2007
  17. Kenneth J. Harris

    Tom Scales Guest

    What was wrong with the XPS700? Dell isn't doing this to be kind.

    Tom Scales, Oct 7, 2007
  18. Kenneth J. Harris

    Joan Hansen Guest

    Thanks Stew. Looks like I only have until Oct. 13th. I filled out the
    upgrade request. Thank goodness I could have it installed by them.
    Just to turn (lay down) my system takes two of us at my age. This
    system is so much different then any of my other systems. I have the
    XPS Generation 5 which I have no problem with. It is a great system too!

    Again, Thank You - Joan

    Joan Hansen, Oct 7, 2007
  19. Kenneth J. Harris

    S.Lewis Guest

    Tom -

    Don't know. I'd known this program to be out there about 2 mos ago, but
    since I don't own one and don't have any people with one I skimmed over it.

    I got the feeling that some XPS owners raised a hullabaloo over inability to
    upgrade to some faster CPU's, but that's just from skimming the information.
    You might check the www.direct2dell.com blog as there are a few entries from
    Dell over there explaining the upgrade process. Comments from users/owners
    might clarify the what and why of the situation.

    But you're right. They're not doing this to be nice.

    -Stew

    S.Lewis, Oct 7, 2007
  20. Kenneth J. Harris

    S.Lewis Guest