Dell Support--Dell Axim

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Mike, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Many times in this NG I read about how Dell support is terrible and the
    support technicians cannot speak English. Let me relate hwat happened this
    week:

    I bought a Dell Axim X5 advanced, with next business day shipping and PPC
    2003 installed. Recieved the unit the next day, in great condition. PPC
    2002 was installed, not PPC 2003.

    Called the help line: Told them of the problem, they were going to send a
    new unit out next business day...IE Monday...I want to play and install my
    applications on the existing unit (Impatient aren't I :) ), so I asked to
    have them send the PPC2003 upgrade. Immediate connection to ordering,
    technician told them of the problem...software will be sent Monday.

    Techician was foriegn. no problems with understanding my needs or
    understanding her.

    With this type of support BOTH on my Dell Inspiron and now the Axim, I will
    continue to buy Dell.

    Mike O.

    Mike, Jun 28, 2003

  2. I had a stupid problem getting the case open on my Dell Dimension
    XPS600 and wound up calling Dell support. They talked me through
    getting the case off and did not call me a moron which I felt like I
    richly deserved after I found out how simple it was. I, too, am very
    pleased with the help I have received from Dell over the years.

    ++ Ray Kinserlow Jr. ++
    kinserlow at earthlink dot net

    Ray Kinserlow, Jun 30, 2003