Dell Support (India) Getting Better

Discussion in 'Dell' started by journey, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. journey

    journey Guest

    I have my share of "Dell Hell" horror stories trying to get support or
    customer service in the past. Often I was bounced around from one
    area to the next, to dead extensions, put on hold for 10 minutes and
    then the line would drop.

    Recently, maybe the last 5 times I have called, Dell Support was
    actually very good. I returned several items and received callbacks
    every step of the way to make sure that my refund got processed
    correctly. Technical Support was OK too -- I had a defective printer
    and they troubleshooted the proper amount, and followed up to make
    sure that I received the new printer and that everything was working
    well.

    I had to cancel a Small Business order, and was surprised to get
    someone from India. In the past I thought that Small Business was
    handled by support staff in the States. In any case the call was
    handled very well.

    Surveys and callbacks from managers asking for the support to be rated
    probably helps them to identify problem areas and improve them.

    Journey

    journey, Feb 24, 2006

  2. journey

    Brian K Guest

    I had early problems with my Dell 8400. Two hard drives, DVD drive,
    motherboard and power supply. I think I spoke with five people in India and
    all were friendly, spoke good English, were knowledgeable and had senses of
    humour. It was a pleasant experience despite the hardware problems.

    Brian K, Feb 25, 2006

  3. journey

    journey Guest

    On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:41:12 GMT, "Brian K" <iibntgyea4
    Yes, whatever they did to help bring the people in India up to the
    level they are at now, it's working. The metrics they use reminds me
    a bit about Demming who helped Japan.

    To me, it's scary as hell to see the people in India do well. Not to
    get too political, I do wonder eventually what is going to happen to
    employment here in the USA.

    But that's probably a discussion for another group :)

    Journey

    journey, Feb 27, 2006
  4. journey

    Paul Knudsen Guest

    Eventually, their wages will rise until they are close to USA levels.
    It happened in Japan. Then companies will look around for another
    country with educated people willing to work cheap.

    Paul Knudsen, Feb 28, 2006