Dell support not the only idiots

Discussion in 'Dell' started by MZB, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. MZB

    MZB Guest

    Well, we all know the problems with Dell Support where we talk to someone
    who doesn't have a clue. Sometimes it get absolutely ludicrous (except for
    the fact that it takes so much damn time to get nowhere!)

    Well, I just have to share this with you guys. This is from Turbo Tax.
    Here's the actual problem. I tried to electronically file my return. But at
    the last minute it said it couldn't due to an error. The "error" was the
    fact that my withholding from one employer exceeded 50% of my salary (trust
    me, this was not an error, that's what happened and there was a very good
    reason to do that). Okay, so I can't file electronically. So, I went to
    print it out. But at the bottom of my 1040 Turbo Tax tells you where to send
    the return. But it said return WAS filed electronically. But previously it
    said it couldn't send it due to the withholding amount. OK -- I now attempt
    to chat with TT to find out whether or not my return was actually sent. Here
    is the bulk of the transcript. Tell me this doesn't sound like DELL:

    Thought you'd enjoy this CHAT:

    Joseph G: Thank you for contacting TurboTax Help and Support, my name is
    Joseph G. How may I help you?
    Melvin: I tried to E-FILe, but after I clicked transmit, it said I had
    errors and asked me to fix them. But one of the errors was not an error. I
    had withheld more than 50% of my salary by an employer, so I can't E-FILE.
    But when I went to print in order to mail stuff in, it says at the bottom of
    my 1040 that I filed electronically. So, which is it?
    Joseph G: Let me make sure I understand your concerns. You want to know if
    you properly file your return Is that correct?
    Joseph G: When you try to e-file, it asked you to pay for your e-file
    service right?
    Melvin: Well, I tried to E-FILE it but it said it couldn't and now I realize
    I am not supposed to E-File due to excessive withholding. I assume TT did
    NOT E-FILE it?
    Melvin: Yes, I gave them my credit card #. That's my other question. I don't
    want to be charged if I can't E-File
    Joseph G: Have you made any payment?
    Melvin: I gave them(TT) my credit card #, but after that you click transmit
    and it then said I had to fix some errors, one of which was the withholding,
    which can't be fixed because the figure was correct
    Joseph G: You are charge only one time, you need to complete your return
    without errors and then e-file it.
    Melvin: But there are no errors. It says the withholding is an error because
    the withholding is more than 50% of my salary. But that is NOT an error;
    that's what happened
    Joseph G: Did you transfer your return from previous year 2004 to 2005?
    Melvin: But on the bottom of my 1040 it says that I filed it electronically.
    But I don't think I did
    Melvin: Yes, I transferred. What does that have to do with anything???
    Joseph G: This is why I ask you, there are new forms from the IRS included
    in turbotax and everytime you transfer information turbotax will generate
    the forms for you
    Joseph G: and some of this computation varies, causing some error check
    Melvin: Can you connect me with someone who knows what is going on. This has
    absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with my problem/question
    Joseph G: Ok please call Technical Support at 1 877 266 8909
    Joseph G: Is there anything?
    Melvin: Is there a charge for that?
    Joseph G: If its navigation issue, yes
    Melvin: What does that mean??
    Joseph G: Walking through with turbotax and resolving the issue

    MZB, Feb 15, 2006

  2. MZB

    M and D Guest

    Who cares...especially when it's only a troll.

    Steven

    M and D, Feb 15, 2006

  3. MZB

    MZB Guest

    You are a f-idiot.

    I've posted on this board regularly-- hardly a troll.

    MB

    MZB, Feb 15, 2006
  4. MZB

    M and D Guest

    It's what you post - including the last one - that marks you as a troll, not how often you post.

    Steven

    M and D, Feb 15, 2006
  5. Maybe not so much... I bought my Turbo Tax from Dell, maybe he did too!
    I think he was just venting similar frustration...

    Ease up

    Vinnie

    Pat Patterson, Feb 15, 2006
  6. MZB

    Joe Guest

    Maybe if you had learned english as your first language the operator would
    have understood you better?

    Joe, Feb 15, 2006
  7. MZB

    MZB Guest

    Actually, I think the English is quite clear, even for the most erudite
    posters.

    Is there some part of f-idiot you fail to grasp. Might it be the double
    dashes? Perhaps it was the phrase at the end which impeded your ability to
    ascertain the point of my post.

    BTW, my point was that the CHAT at TT was quite similar to the CHAT one
    reads about on the DELL site.

    Anyway, I'm done venting.

    Mel

    MZB, Feb 15, 2006
  8. MZB

    Joe Guest

    I sympathise with you but it's just some of the 'things' you mentioned while
    trying to describe your problem to your foreign phone support, you've got to
    remember to put everything into plain English and speak slowly without using
    any technical jargon else they'll get lost and fob you off.

    Joe, Feb 15, 2006
  9. MZB

    MZB Guest

    Oh, that's what you were referring to. What might have been confusing was
    the order. I was sometimes answering one point and then another point was
    made and I'd answer that, so it might have been hard to follow.

    Anyway, as I said, enough said!

    Mel

    MZB, Feb 15, 2006