  1. mattsdaddy

    Brian K Guest

    I now gather that is not present. Do you think differently?

    Brian K, Sep 13, 2007

  2. mattsdaddy

    Brian K Guest

    .. Does anybody

    Can you see the files from a BartPE CD?

    Brian K, Sep 13, 2007

  3. mattsdaddy

    Ben Myers Guest

    I am assuming that you cannot access the partition with photos etc at all. If
    that is a correct assumption, you can try to repair the partition table. "Try"
    because that particular block of data on the hard drive may have gone south.

    Ranish Partition Manager is a bit of free software that allows you to modify all
    the elements of a partition table. I have used it a number of times to create
    the non-standard partition that contains the Dell diagnostics.

    To use Ranish, you generally need a DOS-bootable floppy diskette drive. For
    the DOS part, you can use either FREEDOS or the file needed to create a bootable
    Windows 98 floppy, which can be found at the bootdisk web site. Or you can
    download and burn a CD from one of several free rescue CDs that contain Ranish.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Sep 13, 2007
  4. mattsdaddy

    S.Lewis Guest

    I came in late to the thread, so please dismiss if you've already tried.....

    Can you install the drive as a slave/2nd drive on another machine and verify
    the partition is accessible - the copy/drop/drag your files off??

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Sep 13, 2007
  5. mattsdaddy

    mattsdaddy Guest

    I placed the drive into my desktop. the partition seemed to be fine.
    There was an issue with the MBR and file allocation table. I used a
    program called Pro Soft media tools. It did the best at correcting the
    file allocation table. I also used the windows repair tool on the CD.
    between these three program, I finally got the machine to boot, with
    no apparent erros when I scandisked the drive in Vista. I tried Panish
    Partition manager, with little suceess.

    mattsdaddy, Sep 16, 2007
  6. mattsdaddy

    Ben Myers Guest

    Ranish is somewhat inscrutable except for people accustomed to working with
    binary (hex, really) data.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Sep 16, 2007