    Probably some off-shore lackie.

    They may lose a big sale because of this. I was looking at one of their
    top-of-the-line boxes.

    eddie, Nov 21, 2003

  2. eddie

    PC Gladiator Guest

    They're probably running the site on one of their 2400s with 96MB of memory.
    Your expectations are unreasonable and the system is performing to Dell
    specifications... ;-)

    PC Gladiator, Nov 21, 2003

  3. I just [16:28, ET-US] accessed the main site and then randomly went to
    about a dozen pages, going ever deeper into the site tree. No
    problems. Everything popped up and loaded instantly [I'm on a cable
    internet connection] as soon as I clicked on a link.

    Ogden Johnson III, Nov 21, 2003
  4. eddie

    eddie Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:31:58 -0500, Ogden Johnson III wrote:

    snip
    I have a cable connection which runs at 4Mb/s. Besides, Dell is the only
    site that is slow.
    Try
    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/contact/contact?c=us&l=en&s=gen
    and see if you get through quickly. It takes me forever.

    eddie, Nov 22, 2003
  5. eddie

    eddie Guest

    possibly unrelated?? http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB19991119S0004
    I can reach parts of the dell website at different times; other times
    parts are unreachable. It smells like DDoS but who knows? I can access
    everything else fine and a remote trace to the dell website from
    symantec's site in California also times out.

    eddie, Nov 22, 2003
  6. Just tried it [00:04 ET-US] and just as in the other test, the page
    loaded instantly.

    Ogden Johnson III, Nov 22, 2003
  7. eddie

    eddie Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:07:05 -0500, Ogden Johnson III wrote:

    snip
    It's OK now, for me too. I still suspect DDoS. They got hit several times
    before.

    eddie, Nov 22, 2003
  8. eddie

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    try a tracert on their IP, it's more reliable than a simple ping.
    a slow down can exist on any point between your pc to dell's server.
    if you have over 20 hops, then the possibilities increase.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Nov 22, 2003