    you are the only user of the two machines and they will only be used one
    at time.

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Aug 2, 2004

  2. Bob Levine

    Tom Scales Guest

    that was true for previous versions of Office. Never for XP and certainly
    never for OEM XP.

    Tom Scales, Aug 2, 2004

  3. Bob Levine

    Fred Mau Guest

    It may vary from state to state - but here in Florida, copying software most
    definately *IS* stealing. The essential legal element in Florida is the
    "intent to deprive", in this case the legitimate publisher is being deprived
    of revenue.

    But don't take my word for it, check out this Florida Dep't of Law
    Enforcement (FDLE) Case:

    http://www.bsa.org/usa/press/newsre...Agency-for-Action-on-Software-Piracy-Case.cfm

    Note that in this case, the defendant wasn't charged with mere copyright
    violation but with "Grand Theft" and "Dealing in Stolen Property":

    "According to a press release issued by the FDLE, investigators purchased
    several copies of pirated software from David Pugh in Atlantic Beach, FL.
    During a search of the suspect's home, investigators found over one-thousand
    suspected pirated software programs and CD-ROM disks worth an estimated
    retail value of $52,000. It is alleged that Mr. Pugh sold pirated software
    over the Internet both domestically and internationally. Mr. Pugh is being
    charged with Dealing in Stolen Property and Grand Theft."

    - FM -

    Fred Mau, Aug 5, 2004