    above. Also, browsing my Network Places I am unable to 'see' the printer...

    BTW - I'm on hold (again) with HP Support...

    Rick

    pray4surf, Feb 1, 2004

  2. pray4surf

    pray4surf Guest

    : Just picked up a DeskJet 5850 today. Seemed to be the appropriate choice
    for
    : it was ethernet ready...
    :
    : Have read and followed all installation instructions, but the Network
    light
    : just doesn't illuminate... The link lights at both the printer and router
    : are lit.
    :
    : Router is NetGear RO 318 and DHCP table for the router 'shows' 4 IP
    : addresses. (Prior to the addition of the printer only 3 'showed')...

    NEW INFO - I eliminated the NetGear router and used just a 10T base Hub
    between a computer and the printer. Status remains the same, no network
    light on front of printer, link lights at both the hub and printer on. Once
    again, unable to locate printer when I run the HP Setup.

    Defective printer? If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all....

    Rick

    pray4surf, Feb 1, 2004

  3. pray4surf

    pray4surf Guest

    :
    : Defective printer? If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all....
    :

    Yep, defective.... Exchanged for another. New one works fine!

    Thanks for all the replies ;-)

    Rick

    pray4surf, Feb 3, 2004