    part????

    Any help will be appreciated,

    Dan O

    DanO, Jan 29, 2005

  2. DanO

    Ben Myers Guest

    I would either look for a defunct 722c from which you can salvage a drive belt
    or simply buy a replacement. Very few suppliers would stock a spare part for an
    older inkjet printer... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jan 29, 2005

  3. DanO

    Bob Niland Guest

    There are many working units listed on eBay at any moment.
    They seem to close in the $7 to $26 range. As always, be
    sure of shipping & handling charges before bidding, in
    addition to the normal studying of the seller's feedback
    profile (don't forget to look at FB to Others).

    If I were bidding on an inkjet, I'd use the Ask-Seller
    feature to inquire about the shipping carton, and tracking
    of the shipment (Delivery Confirmation at a minimum).
    The response to such queries is often telling.

    Of course, if all you want is the belt, you don't even have
    to care that most sellers won't have a suitable shipping
    carton, and the printer housing might arrived damaged.
    But if the 722C supported component-level repair, some
    of the aftermarket printer parts suppliers might yet
    have the belt. Don't forget that a whole "like new" 722C
    from eBay might cost less.

    Bob Niland, Jan 29, 2005
  4. DanO

    Arthur Guest

    Over the past year, dozens of posts re: this problem have appeared in
    the forums at www.fixyourownprinter.com.

    Bottom line, these belts are now available from the original equipment
    manufacturer, Fenner Drives, for 29.99, a bit steep perhaps, but a
    perfect replacement. There has been such a clamor for these belts, and,
    of course, irritation with HP for their indifference, that Fenner has
    set up an address specifically for ordering these belts:

    https://www.rapidresponseproducts.com/store/customer/home.php

    Hope this helps.

    -=Art=-
    (drartieATattd0tnet)

    Arthur, Jan 30, 2005
  5. DanO

    Thomas King Guest

    Hi: I'm a network engineer and the same thing happened to me last year. The
    printer was the 722C and it was about 6 years old and worked fine. The belt
    pieces had gotten into the motor and it just wasn't worth it to fix it for
    me. I bought a 6110, one of the 4 in 1 machines. I also was given a 712C for
    free by a friend. I'm not rich and I'm not saying to buy a new one just
    because the belt broke. If you can find one, fine. But the printers are so
    good now that the same quality as the 722C can be bought for about $59 if
    you watch for sales. For the price of the belt and the trouble, it might be
    worth just getting another printer. I found that some stores charged more
    for the ink for that printer than some of the newer printers. So even if you
    found a belt and got it working and the motor didn't fail within the year,
    the ink price difference might make it better to still get a new one. Hope
    this helps.

    Thomas King, Jan 30, 2005