Desperate for 8800GT Control panel fix (a fix which once worked)

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Beemer, Sep 23, 2008.

  1. Beemer

    Beemer Guest

    I have a Inno3d 8800GT which has never been overclocked. Since upgrading
    the NVidia driver I could not load the NVidia Control Panel. So I used the
    registry fix after uninstalling, using driver cleaner and reinstalling in
    safe mode.

    The first time I tried it I was able to change to Nvidia Classic control
    panel and made brightness and contrast changes to both my CRT and LCD
    displays.

    Subsequently I cannot get Classic Control Panel to open even although the
    registry fix sedonadisable=2 is still there. I no longer can change
    brightness or contrast through control panel and this is a problem as my
    LCD is too bright and its own control is at minimum.

    I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the the driver again but no success.
    Is there a way that I can return the card to its default settings through
    the registry.

    Note that I have tried the latest driver and couple before this.

    regards,

    Beemer

    Beemer, Sep 23, 2008