    http://www.3dart4u.com
    =====================
    Remove antispam in mail address when mailing me

    TheCroW, Nov 19, 2003

  2. TheCroW

    Aki Peltola Guest

    44.03 fine here.

    Aki Peltola, Nov 20, 2003

  3. TheCroW

    John Lewis Guest

    Problems of this nature are generally the result of junk left over
    from previous driver-installs. Have you tried Nasty File Remover
    or other aggressive nVidia driver-file-and registry-cleaup utilities ?

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Nov 20, 2003
  4. TheCroW

    TheCroW Guest

    Well, I am going back to the good old stable Detonator drivers ... but I
    Yep, I always do that. But in this case it's a install of the 52.16's on a
    clean install of WindowsXP .... so there were no leftovers there.

    Menno

    TheCroW, Nov 20, 2003
  5. TheCroW

    Seahorse Guest

    41.09. It was bullet proof...
    ---------
    Rgds Mike
    Remove ZZZ to reply

    What's another word for thesaurus? - S.W.

    WWW.Dead-Fish.Com - Deep Sea Daddies...

    Seahorse, Nov 20, 2003
  6. TheCroW

    tq96 Guest

    41.09. It was bullet proof...

    I could take down this driver set just by messing around with a video
    capture program and the WDM drivers.

    tq96, Nov 21, 2003
  7. TheCroW

    Flow Guest

    Funny,i had the same dilemma.I found the 41.09 better and more stable then
    40.72
    I tried upto 44.03 but they all gave blurry fonts in desktop.
    41.09 is nice and sharp,also the fastest imo.

    Flow, Nov 21, 2003
  8. TheCroW

    John Lewis Guest

    In Safe Mode also ??
    Does your clean-install of XP also include SP1 and all of the
    Windows Updates ? With a new install, I install the OS from the CD,
    the latest MB drivers, the network driver, then fully update XP
    including DX9.xx. I execute manual System Restore save-points
    before installing the video and audio drivers. I check the added
    functionality at each stage of installing drivers, particularly
    looking for any signs of interrupt-contention.

    What card are you using ?

    The official release of the interim 53.03 (non-WHQL) fixes several
    problems in 52.16 with MX and GF4 cards. See the Release Notes
    for 52.16 on the nVidia web-site for a list of the known problems.
    The 53.03 release & Notes are on eVGA web-site, with
    encouragement from eVGA to use this driver instead of 52.16.

    ( It is always a VERY GOOD IDEA to read the Release Notes
    before installing drivers !! They are the product of some hard work
    by the supplier's QC group. Of course, release notes are only
    available with "official" releases. YMMV a lot with "leaked" drivers;
    I avoid them like the Plague. ]

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Nov 22, 2003
  9. TheCroW

    Seahorse Guest

    Following prompt first aid from the medic tq96 <96>
    managed to scrawl the following bloodstained message On 21 Nov 2003
    12:23:08 -0600:
    Guess your setup is different from mine. I had zero problems with it.
    Everything after it until the 43.xx's had issues with DirectDraw...:(
    ---------
    Rgds Mike
    Remove XXX to reply

    "The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."
    - Darth Vader

    WWW.Dead-Fish.Com - Deep Sea Daddies...
    http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=the_Seahorse

    Seahorse, Nov 22, 2003