developers are STILL waiting for Nvidia's RSX GPU for PlayStation3

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Air Raid, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. Air Raid

    Air Raid Guest

    http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/dec2005/tc20051222_242937.htm

    "But at this point, nobody besides Sony has any idea what the Cell will

    allow the PS3 to do. Game developers say they haven't seen a prototype
    that comes close to the blazing processing speeds and life-like
    graphics of the commercial-ready console Sony is promising. Though Sony

    declines to comment on such complaints, in November it failed to
    deliver on a promise to send game creators an upgraded prototype
    containing a graphics chip made by Santa Clara (Calif.)-based nVidia

    Without the souped-up graphics chip, "the machine we have is 10 times
    slower than the PS3 should be," says an exec at a game software maker
    who spoke on condition of anonymity. "The graphics chip was supposed to

    be ready by November. But we're still waiting."

    Air Raid, Dec 23, 2005

  2. Air Raid

    Quaestor Guest

    Quaestor, Dec 23, 2005

  3. Air Raid

    First of One Guest

    First of One, Dec 23, 2005
  4. Air Raid

    Spaceman Guest

    this is what we call, Vaporware. that is what the PS3 is at this point.

    Spaceman, Dec 23, 2005
  5. nice try

    About

    Called "the world's greatest tech humour site" by The Register, BBspot
    creates entertainment for the geekier side of the world. BBspot produces a
    variety of features like fake news stories satirizing the tech and political
    worlds, the BBspot Mailbag which pokes fun at the Believers (people who
    believe our fake news) and much more. BBspot was started by Brian Briggs in
    April of 2000 as a hobby to bring some fun to the web, but grew to the point
    where Brian "quit his day job" and made the site his full-time occupation in
    January of 2003.

    Material from BBspot has been featured several times on Tech TV's The
    Screen Savers show, on The Discovery Channel, radio shows, major newspapers
    and books. BBspot has had five front page postings on Slashdot, and is very
    proud to be linked from the home page for Nethack. How's that for geek cred.
    Eat that Kevin Rose!

    Brenden D. Chase, Dec 23, 2005
  6. Air Raid

    First of One Guest