    Does anybody here have good experience with this product? I have some
    questions on documentation generation.

    With best regards, Roman Mashak. E-mail:

    Roman Mashak, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Roman Mashak

    Bill Davy Guest

    Not used it to generate documentation, but I picked up some code (almost
    literally) written by a beginner and it was invaluable. Saved my sanity.

    Bill Davy, Aug 12, 2004

  3. C is counter documentation. It'd be very hard for a product
    to reverse that. Choose another language if documentation is
    important.

    Rene

    Rene Tschaggelar, Aug 12, 2004
  4. Roman Mashak

    Roman Mashak Guest

    Hello, Rene!
    You wrote on Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:47:19 +0200:

    ??>> Does anybody here have good experience with this product? I have some
    ??>> questions on documentation generation.

    RT> C is counter documentation. It'd be very hard for a product
    sorry, i didn't understand exactly what do you mean under 'sounter
    documentatin'?
    RT> to reverse that. Choose another language if documentation is
    RT> important.
    Actually I need to document a project, consisting of mainly Assembler
    code and a little ANSI C code.
    What product can you recommend? I've already tried DAC, Source Insight
    (don't have any documentating features), doxygen (good docs generating
    tool, but don't support Assembler), and I didn't find anything else....

    Problem with DAC while generating documentation is - it requires to
    build some database, i.e. to compile code before building documentation and
    it supports only set of standard compilers (like Keil, AVR Gcc, Hi-Ware, IAR
    etc.). So I suppose it's using the symbols database to generate the
    structure of code (global variables, macros, functions and so on) in this
    way. So, DAC help doesn't explain in details how to manage this.

    With best regards, Roman Mashak. E-mail:

    Roman Mashak, Aug 13, 2004
  5. Roman Mashak

    Roman Mashak Guest

    Hello, Bill!
    You wrote on Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:13:24 +0000 (UTC):
    Do you mean - DAC helped you so much to understand some legacy code you
    got ?

    BD> ??>> Hello, All!
    ??>>

    Roman Mashak, Aug 13, 2004
  6. Roman Mashak

    Doug Dotson Guest

    Documentatio is a product of the developer, not the language.

    Doug

    Doug Dotson, Aug 13, 2004
  7. Roman Mashak

    Bill Davy Guest

    Yes. I was able to move quickly round the code, finding references and
    assignments. It was almost as good as having it in Visual Studio.

    Bill Davy, Aug 13, 2004
  8. Roman Mashak

    Scott Moore Guest

    How about a cattle prod applied firmly to the private parts of the original
    programmer who refused to document it ? Or better yet, his manager....

    --
    Samiam is Scott A. Moore

    Personal web site: http:/www.moorecad.com/scott
    My electronics engineering consulting site: http://www.moorecad.com
    ISO 7185 Standard Pascal web site: http://www.moorecad.com/standardpascal
    Classic Basic Games web site: http://www.moorecad.com/classicbasic
    The IP Pascal web site, a high performance, highly portable ISO 7185 Pascal
    compiler system: http://www.moorecad.com/ippas

    Being right is more powerfull than large corporations or governments.
    The right argument may not be pervasive, but the facts eventually are.

    Scott Moore, Aug 31, 2004