    transfer data out of the system. The key physically is stuck inthe port,
    and I cannot release it. Is anyone familiar with how to get the USB port to
    physcially release a device from it? Thanks, ganesh

    ganesh seshadri, Dec 21, 2003

  2. ganesh seshadri

    Arno Wagner Guest

    There are no hooks or such. The device or thye connector in the
    computer must be broken. However are you sure it is an USB-Port
    on the Cybermax (whatever that is)? I am not sure USB was available
    5 years ago.

    Anyway, USB has no designed features to hold a connector in place
    so that it is "stuck". You will likely have to open the computer and
    take a closer look tofigure out the problem.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Thanks Arno. It does look like a USB port, with the USB "logo" next to it.
    I did open the PC and the two USB ports are encased in a small metal
    rectangular case inside. I guess I have to logically disable the USB ports
    in my device manager and pry it open to release my drive.

    regards, ganesh

    ganesh seshadri, Dec 25, 2003
  4. ganesh seshadri

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Switching the computer off is enough as preparation.
    No need to do anything from the software side.
    The problem itself needs a mechanical solution,
    just like you say.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Dec 25, 2003