    JF Fortier Guest

    Never heard of DFI. Asus is a trusted brand name. Is that the only edge Asus
    has in this comparison?

    JF Fortier, Mar 19, 2005

  2. JF Fortier

    Augustus Guest

    DFI has been around a long time. Since 1981. I can remember using DFI boards
    putting together PII 333 systems over 7 years ago. Good overclockers as I
    recall. Good boards, as good as Asus.

    Augustus, Mar 19, 2005

  3. JF Fortier

    Cuzman Guest

    " Never heard of DFI. Asus is a trusted brand name. Is that the only edge
    Asus has in this comparison? "

    DFI have gained a lot of popularity over the last few years. Their LANParty
    motherboards regularly top the overclocking leagues, and the UV-sensitive
    materials are a favourite with case-modders.

    The LANParty nF4 SLi-DR is at the top of a shopping list for my new system.
    http://www.dfi.com.tw/index_us_noflash.jsp?SITE=US

    Cuzman, Mar 19, 2005
  4. JF Fortier

    JF Fortier Guest

    So if you are neither an overclocker or a case-modder, then you'd best go
    with the more popular Asus brand, right? (Given the likelyhood of there
    being more people to help you out if you encounter any problems with it.)

    JF Fortier, Mar 19, 2005
  5. JF Fortier

    J. Clarke Guest

    I remember working in a hole in the wall computer store building '286
    systems from components the owner bought from God knows where. They all
    came through white-box no-name. One thing we noticed though was that some
    of the boards had unusually shaped stickers on them containing the letters
    "QC". We started calling them "QC boards" and were happy to see them
    because we never had a problem with them. Some years later I encountered
    my first DFI product that came labelled as "DFI". And there on the board
    was one of those oddly shaped "QC" stickers.

    So they've been around going on 20 years. Always rock-solid. They just
    haven't been widely known as a brand because they didn't market to end
    users until recently.

    J. Clarke, Mar 19, 2005
  6. JF Fortier

    Chachi Guest

    lol... "QC" usually means "Quality Checked"
    You'll find them on *alot* of things...

    Chachi, Mar 19, 2005
  7. JF Fortier

    J. Clarke Guest

    Not with those same odd-shaped stickers you won't. Only place I've ever
    seen them is on DFI. And it's not "Quality Checked", it's "Quality
    Control".

    J. Clarke, Mar 20, 2005
  8. JF Fortier

    Chachi Guest