    the new IP addresses).

    Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Use manual (static) addresses on the client machines. The Extreme Base
    Station will still do NAT for the machines on its subnet that use it as
    a router, even if those machines don't use the base station as a DHCP
    server.

    Neill Massello, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Anno Siegel

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Ah, that's good to know. When I tried static addressing I could configure
    my LAN just fine, but couldn't get "out" on the Internet. "No NAT", I
    shrugged... But that was an upgrade or two ago. It works now, I'm using
    the setup as I type. Thanks for pointing it out.

    I admit I'd prefer DHCP (not the least of the reasons being "because
    it's cool"), but manual configuration is much preferable to being dealt
    a new hand of IP numbers each time the AirPort boots. My LAN is in no
    immediate danger of uncontrollable growth...

    Thanks again,

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Jun 30, 2003