    , no games , this is a elcheapo board but runs fine - can't overclock
    though i have a core duo 6750 but dont know what speed it is running ,
    memory or nothing , the sis sandra worked on my old pent 4 ???

    Pete Rynas, Mar 12, 2008

  2. Pete Rynas

    Pete Rynas Guest

    thanks paul , i did get the sis sandra from a diff site to run after
    disableing all antivirus stuff thanks alot for the info , i will try the
    file you mentioned also by the way , is there a way to over clock this
    thing? - i had my p4 @ 827FSB w/ never a prob on a msi board , but i was the
    one in this case to buy the inexpensive combo from fry's - if you have
    heard of a way greatly appreciatd pete

    Pete Rynas, Mar 12, 2008

  3. Pete Rynas

    Paul Guest

    You should try CPUZ. It displays basic clock information and
    is designed to work with many chipsets. It'll take a few seconds
    to start, because it has to probe some slow busses for its
    information.

    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 13, 2008
  4. Pete Rynas

    Paul Guest

    All you can do, is look in the BIOS, and see whether there is an
    option to set the clock manually. In terms of the clock generator
    chip itself, I would expect most of them are programmable via
    software, in roughly steps of 1MHz or so. But, it is up to the
    BIOS designer, to make the capability appear in the BIOS.

    While programs like Clockgen, can set the clock while Windows
    is running, the program must be custom modified for each motherboard.
    And Clockgen has been removed from its web site, which suggests the
    author got tired of supporting it. For the most part, enthusiast
    boards were the ones that got the attention, and there are
    thousands of motherboard designs out there. So it is highly
    unlikely that Clockgen can drive your motherboard.

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 13, 2008
  5. Pete Rynas

    race07