    Will it work in an 1,5 volt AGP slot on my ASRock P4V88+ mainboard?
    There are three jumpers on the Viper II which sets it from AGP 2x to AGP 4x.

    Steven

    Steven Munlo, Oct 8, 2006

  2. Steven Munlo

    DaveW Guest

    It will NOT work in a 1.5 v AGP slot.

    DaveW, Oct 8, 2006

  3. Why do you think that? AGP 4x ALWAYS uses 1.5V signaling. Thus, if you
    set the jumper to AGP4x, this should set the card to use 1.5V signaling.
    I am not sure if it will actually work though, I think some early agp 4x
    cards had some stability problems when running that mode (compatibility
    problems depending on the motherboard chipset).
    WARNING though: this looks like exactly the sort of card which could fry
    motherboards (those which only can work with 1.5V signaling, and don't
    have some sort of protection for wrongly keyed AGP 1.0 (3.3V) cards) if
    you set the jumpers wrong.

    Roland

    Roland Scheidegger, Oct 10, 2006