  1. You must check the cpu frequence in the bios.
    When you set this on 133 Mgh, I think the problem is gone.

    Greatings Hugo Roubroeks

    Hugo Roubroeks, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Hugo Roubroeks

    Sean Berry Guest

    I bought an OEM AMD Athlon XP 2400+ processor from a local computer store
    yesterday.

    I am going to primarily run FreeBSD on it, but tried it with XP just for
    kicks. When I right clicked the "My Computer" icon and went to properties
    it says under "Computer":

    AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+
    1.49 GHz
    1.00 GB of RAM

    So, I ran wcpuid and it came up with:
    Processor: AMD Athlon XP (Model 8)
    Name String: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+

    What gives???
    Did I get ripped off, and do I now need to set some people staight?

    Any help here is greatly appreciated.

    Sean Berry, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Hugo Roubroeks

    Wes Newell Guest

    Set the FSB to 133 and then you will have a 2400+ running at 2000Mhz. Set
    the FSB to166 (assuming your board supports it) and then you will have a
    2700+ running at 2166MHz. Set it to 180, well, you get the picture.

    Wes Newell, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Hugo Roubroeks

    S.Heenan Guest

    15 is the native multiplier of the 2400+ model. Your FSB is at 100MHz. Raise
    it to 133MHz and you'll see 2000MHz, what it should be.

    S.Heenan, Apr 7, 2004
  5. Hugo Roubroeks

    Wes Newell Guest

    I screwed up. 13x166 is the 2700+:)
    Although with a lot of luck and enough vcore, you might get 15x166
    (2500MHz), but not likely. 15x144 should be though, for the same 2166MHz.

    Wes Newell, Apr 8, 2004