Did I install properly or is something wrong?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Louise, Apr 9, 2004.

  1. Louise

    Louise Guest

    System was built for me with an Asus board and an Intel P4 3.2 with an
    800 bus with hyperthreading. It came with a Sapphire ATI 7200.

    I called the vendor and asked to change to a 9600 Pro, which they also
    offered.

    I didn't know the correct way to change the card and drivers. The
    vendor told me to just download the latest drivers from ATI's site, turn
    off my machine and remove the old card and put in the new one.

    He said that when I turned the system back on, I should simply install
    the new drivers using the exe file I'd just downloaded from the ATI
    site.

    I followed these instructions and it seemed to be ok. But I'm confused.
    Device Manager relays two display adaptors:
    Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro Atlantis
    and
    Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro Atlantis - secondary

    What is "secondary" and are there supposed to be two of them?

    TIA

    Louise

    Louise, Apr 9, 2004

  2. Louise

    Filip Guest

    That's normal, your video card has the capability of two displays at a time
    and by default both of the ports are open....you appear to have installed
    everything just fine, sounds like a nice setup...enjoy it, heh..

    Filip, Apr 9, 2004

  3. Louise

    Louise Guest

    Louise, Apr 9, 2004
  4. Louise

    Steve Guest

    if you aren't going to use the second video head. you can just disable the
    secondary in your device manager therefore the system won't bother using it
    until you're ready.

    Steve, Apr 11, 2004