    YanquiDawg Guest

    Probably gonna get the vanilla 6800 but would still like to know any
    differences besides clock speed.Thanks

    YanquiDawg, Feb 1, 2005

  2. YanquiDawg

    DaveL Guest

    The 6800 has 12 pipes. The 6800 Ultra and GT have 16 pipes.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Feb 2, 2005

  3. YanquiDawg

    Chingy Guest

    how about the core speed and memory speed?

    Chingy, Feb 2, 2005
  4. YanquiDawg

    ewan Guest

    if memory serves, the non ultras are 300mhz gts are 350 and ultras are
    400mhz

    i should add the gt's and ultras have a broken video processor which means
    they cant hardware decode mpeg4 like the nonultra and 6600 can

    ewan, Feb 2, 2005
  5. The 6800 has 12 pixel pipelines, 5 vertex pipelines, and uses DDR memory.

    The 6800 Ultra has 16 pixel pipelines, 6 vertex pipelines, and uses GDDR3
    memory.

    Homer J. Simpson, Feb 2, 2005
  6. Says Who?

    Friendly Guru, Feb 2, 2005
  7. YanquiDawg

    Silvertip Guest

    6800's have a problem with VMR9, not MPEG4.
    Silvertip

    Silvertip, Feb 2, 2005
  8. Here's an interesting link on the subject, I'm not sure how I feel about the
    whole issue, though I sense NV40 owners are in for some payback.

    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2305

    Friendly Guru, Feb 2, 2005
  9. YanquiDawg

    YanquiDawg Guest

    Is there a hacked bios to turn on the extrao pipelines?

    YanquiDawg, Feb 2, 2005
  10. YanquiDawg

    RJT Guest

    There are tools for that, but you get no guarantees that the pipelines
    you unlock actually work. Plus the fact you get slower memory with the
    vanilla, so you won't get it's memory clock as high as a GT/Ultra.

    RJT, Feb 4, 2005
  11. YanquiDawg

    dvus Guest

    My Asus V9999 is a plain FX6800 but does come with 256 MB of DDR3. Perhaps
    it's the exception, I don't know. It's base speeds are 325/700, but it
    easily overclocks to 375/1020 with stock cooling.

    dvus, Feb 11, 2005