Diff/comparison between the processor terminology

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Raghav, Jun 9, 2007.

  1. Raghav

    Raghav Guest

    Hi Guys,

    I already have a Pentium 4 laptop (already about 4 years old). And I
    plan to buy a second laptop now.

    I have been looking at comparisons at various models from different
    vendors. Apart from other features, there are always references to the
    CPU type.

    Not being a hard core techie at heart, I am a bit lost when I need to
    understand that.

    Can someone please help me understand the practical realities behind
    the terms, Core duo processor, core 2 duo processor and the one that I
    already have, Pentium 4.

    Really need expert help here.

    regards
    raghav..

    Raghav, Jun 9, 2007

  2. Raghav

    viriyala Guest

    Raghav,

    Core 2 duo is the latest generation of processors from Intel. So if u
    want the latest and greatest go for it.

    My opinion: I assembled a P4 1.5 GHz Desktop in 2002 and is still
    serving me fine for my home use (browsing, office, remote working
    etc). Unless u have a compelling reason to buy a new PC, why would u
    want to buy one? I am not thinking of replacing. As and when I need
    something like memory, HDD etc I just add it.

    Its purely a personal opinion. Upto you.

    Regards

    viriyala, Jun 13, 2007