    the both use same speeds & 256bit interrface, don't they?

    TIA

    Lurch

    Lurch, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Lurch

    Anybody® Guest

    Doesn't the Asus 5900 Ultra have 256mb ram? Slightly higher clock speeds
    too, I am not sure about the other makes.

    Anybody®, Jul 6, 2003

  3. I hate to say it, but your wasting your money. Even the Radeon 9700 Pro
    outperforms the GFX 5900 Ultra in many cases when AA and AF are applied.
    Read some reviews before you decide.

    Anders Albrechtsen, Jul 8, 2003
  4. Lurch

    Dave Guest

    Dave, Jul 8, 2003
  5. Lurch

    John Lewis Guest

    ..................overclocked with an attached ice-pack......
    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jul 8, 2003
  6. It would a lot more intersting and helpful if you explained to all of us why
    you're so loyal.

    Anders Albrechtsen, Jul 8, 2003
  7. You need to be more up to date. That's an old article with old drivers using
    the same old benchmarks. Might I interest you in this one:
    http://www.ocaddiction.com/articles/video/fx_5900ultra_vs_radeon_9800pro/ or
    this one: http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDg5. Notice the bad
    performance in RtCW in the lattr review. Yikes! The article I based my first
    statement used costum built benchmarks in popular games such as GTA: Vice
    City, Warcraft III and NOLF2 thus bypassing any driver optimizations for
    popular benchmarks (UT 2003 Flyby, Q3A etc. etc.). The Radeon 9700/9800
    comes out on top in every benchmark here with 4x AA and 8x AF. I'll provide
    a link when I can access Google and Rage3D again.

    Anders Albrechtsen, Jul 8, 2003
  8. Anders Albrechtsen, Jul 8, 2003
  9. Lurch

    Lurch Guest

    I hate to say it, but this is off-topic

    Lurch

    ps, I don't have many cases, just one to fit that card in.
    Is it even possible that more than one PC uses the same graphicscard?
    is there an AGP splitter?

    Lurch, Jul 8, 2003
  10. Lurch

    Courseyauto Guest

    I hate to say it, but this is off-topic

    Lurch >>>>

    Has a bit of a troll sent to it also.............

    Courseyauto, Jul 8, 2003
  11. No you couldn't. Poor old Tom is one of the only reviews where the FX 5900
    Ultra comes out on top. If you want to believe him, well that's really your
    own problem.

    Anders Albrechtsen, Jul 8, 2003
  12. Anymore links to FX5900U reviews?

    Richard Dower, Jul 9, 2003