    that the GTs spec are slightly lower?

    Is that right?

    Matt

    GLYTCH, Oct 27, 2004

  2. GLYTCH

    Scotter Guest

    They are both 256 and 16 pipes.
    The GT and Ultra are identical except for:
    (a) different cooling solution
    (b) Ultra has slightly faster memory ns
    (c) Ultra has 400mhz / 1100mhz speeds vs. 350mhz / 1000mhz on GT

    Scotter, Oct 27, 2004

  3. GLYTCH

    MarkJ Guest

    Basically the GT has 12 pipelines and the Ultra has 16 right? Apart from
    You are thinking of the difference between the ATI x800 XT and x800 pro.

    The GT is just an underclocked ultra (minus the dual power connectors), if
    you can clock a GT to Ultra speeds then you should have no performance
    difference at all. The Ultras have higher spec ram so in theory will clock
    better than any GT could but a lot of GT's can clock to Ultra speeds (mine
    does and more)

    MarkJ, Oct 27, 2004
  4. GLYTCH

    Chip Guest

    Strangely you tend to find that GT's at 400/1000 are actually a little
    faster than Ultras at 400/1000. I don't know why that should be, but
    commonly it is the case.

    Chip

    Chip, Oct 28, 2004
  5. GLYTCH

    Scotter Guest

    I wonder what people with Ultras have been overclocking them to?

    Scotter, Oct 28, 2004
  6. GLYTCH

    MartinKnud Guest

    Aprox. 450/1200 mhz.

    MartinKnud, Oct 28, 2004
  7. GLYTCH

    N´far Guest

    Diff. Memory Timings mayby ? Seen before on the 59xx series.

    N´far, Oct 28, 2004