    Can anyone point out the differences between the A7N8X Deluxe and the
    A7N8X-X? A local dealer claimed only AGP 8X video cards worked in the
    A7N8X-X. What are the advantages/disadvantages of each board?

    Capman, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Capman

    Ed Guest

    AFAIK, the only limitation is the AGP card must support 1.5V, some of
    the older AGP cards only support 3.3V and will not work in either mobo.

    Just some things I notice right off the bat,
    A7N8X-X has only 4 USB ports and 1 LAN, the Deluxe has 6 USB and 2 LAN,
    supports dual channel memory, soundstorm audio, 2 firewire ports, SATA
    support, etc....

    A7N8X Deluxe
    http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7N8X Deluxe&langs=09

    A7N8X-X
    http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7N8X-X&langs=09

    Cheers,
    Ed

    Ed, Dec 8, 2003

  3. A very excellent article comparing the two boards can be found here:
    http://www.lostcircuits.com/motherboard/asus_a7n8x-x/

    Mortimer Schnurd, Dec 9, 2003