    (ie: fdisk , format, format/ s commands do not work}
    the only command that works is DIR, which lists the files
    on the boot disk.

    Andrew Bestfrenn, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Andrew Bestfrenn

    relic Guest

    Of course. There is _only_ the Floppy drive.

    relic, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Andrew Bestfrenn

    rotor Guest

    SYS A:/

    rotor, Jan 7, 2004
  4. Andrew Bestfrenn

    relic Guest

    You use linux, huh.

    relic, Jan 7, 2004
  5. Andrew Bestfrenn

    mrtee Guest

    So you want a floppy to boot XP if it doesn't start?

    Follow these directions:
    Create a Boot Disk for an NTFS or FAT Partition in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q305595 and

    Use System Files to Create a Boot Disk to Guard Against Being Unable to Start Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314079

    --