    Fault?What is the purpose of the CAN Mute fault?

    Thanking you all
    Rajesh Maddukuri

    raj, Jun 19, 2006

  2. Never heard of "CAN Mute". Where did you read it?. Which manufacturer is
    using these words. May be its "CAN Passive"?
    If you are looking for CAN specific topic, look at
    http://www.CAN-Wiki.info/
    --

    with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

    Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
    +===================================================================
    | port GmbH phone +49 345 77755-0
    | Regensburger Str.7b fax +49 345 77755-20
    | D-06132 Halle/Saale mailto:
    | Germany http://www.port.de
    | CAN Wiki http://www.CAN-Wiki.info/
    | ETHERNET Powerlink http://www.epl-tools.com
    | Newsletter: http://www.port.de/register.html
    +===================================================================

    Merokok dapat menyebabkan kanker, serangan jantung,
    impotensi dan gangguan kehamilan dan janin.

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Heinz=2DJ=FCrgen?= Oertel, Jun 22, 2006

  3. raj

    raj Guest

    Transmission failures are counted modulo n_TxNOK_max in the Network
    management. Each
    time the maximum value n_TxNOK_max is reached, a current failure "unit
    MUTE" is
    declared. A volatile "C_Mute" counter is then increased by incmute in
    the network
    management . The maximum value for this counter is 255.

    i feel that the node will enter in to Bus off as TX counter 255, is it
    right

    could i get more information on Specifications of the generic
    communication layers for CAN embedded
    networks

    Thank you mit freundlichen Grüßen

    reagrds
    rajesh maddukuri

    raj, Jun 24, 2006
  4. A bit out dated, but anyway
    http://weble.upc.es/asig/ea/practica4/CANdll.pdf
    describes the CAN Data Link Layer.

    more links are available at http://www.can-wiki.info

    best regards
    Heinz

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Heinz=2DJ=FCrgen?= Oertel, Jun 24, 2006