    f00ge Guest

    What's the difference betweenn these two cards?

    Faster GPU?

    f00ge, Nov 23, 2003

  2. f00ge

    neopolaris Guest

    Yup and faster memory speeds.

    neopolaris, Nov 23, 2003

  3. f00ge

    f00ge Guest

    Can you tell me how much faster?

    f00ge, Nov 23, 2003
  4. f00ge

    John Lewis Guest

    Ultra non-Ultra
    256 Meg memory vs 128 Meg
    450MHz GPU vs 400MHz default ( 3D mode)
    900MHz DDR vs 850MHz default (3D mode)

    I have a eVGA 5900 128 non-Ultra overclocked
    to 475MHz GPU / 890MHz memory, confirmed stable on
    all material, benchmarks, 3D games, hi-res cut-scenes and
    video, in-case ambient ~ 30 degrees C, max worst-case GPU
    temperature 65 degrees C.

    Overclock Disclaimer: Your mileage may vary, of course.

    BTW, Avoid the 5900SE edition like the plague !!
    lower clock speeds than the non-Ultra, flimsy
    heat-sinks..

    Also avoid PNY as a vendor............see other threads
    on this subject.........

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Nov 23, 2003
  5. f00ge

    Dark Avenger Guest

    http://www.area3d.net You can do an compare and thus compare any card
    with any card .....

    Dark Avenger, Nov 23, 2003
  6. f00ge

    f00ge Guest

    So it's the same GPU, only clocked at a lower speed, correct?

    f00ge, Nov 23, 2003
  7. f00ge

    John Lewis Guest

    The Ultra GPUs/memory are guaranteed in system-test at the
    manufacturer to work at the higher default clock rates. The non-Ultra
    may overclock to the same speeds but that speed is not guaranteed.
    Functionally the GPUs are identical.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Nov 24, 2003