    for use with a PIV 3.2?
    Thanks
    Memphoman

    Memphoman, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Okay, your subject line asks one question, and then your post seems to
    ramble about another.
    I understand you have a P4T, so you own a ASUS board.
    Your looking at the P4C800 vs the -E? the P4c800-e gives you some RAID
    options, firewire and onboard 6 channel sound.
    The non-E release uses a 3com network controller, thereby ignoring one of
    the benefits of the i875p chipset and CSA,
    the -E version uses a intel gigabit controller w/csa If its a choice between
    the original P4C800 and the -E, go for the -E by far.
    Well, luckily with ASUS boards, you get BOTH ;) I have a P4C 3.0 running a
    flat stock and it flies, who needs to overclock when its already this fast.
    I couldnt push more than 15% without my RAM dropping out of Dual Channel tho
    (not bad for kingston pc3200, not valueram tho)
    But at that 15% (3.45Ghz) it was still stable, just heat climbed to the 60's
    under load after running benchmarks for a bit, so I stepped back to default
    and been happy since.
    Then lastly, you ask in a ASUS newsgroup if a Gigabyte board would be a
    better buy.
    Heheh, thats asking for trouble from some people :) (not me tho)

    For a comparison of the two boards, you may have to search around some
    hardware review sites and see what they say.
    You also dont mention if you mean a P4C 3.2, P4EE 3.2 or P4E 3.2 (the
    differences which can be found at intel below)

    http://indigo.intel.com/compare_cpu/showchart.aspx?mmID=857353,857995,852351

    You'll have to check Gigabyte for their support of Prescott CPU's or EE
    edition.

    Philip Callan, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Memphoman

    DaveW Guest

    The P4C800E-Deluxe has a more stable north bridge, I believe, than the
    P4C800 Deluxe. I don't believe they make a P4C800 non-Deluxe.

    DaveW, Feb 11, 2004