    of two Vista downloads. No mention of version numbers that I recall.

    Thanks,
    Marc

    Marc D. Williams, Apr 2, 2008

  2. Marc D. Williams

    Augustus Guest

    Now that I just ordered this card (PNY Quadro NVS 280 PCI) I'm looking for
    I thought this was answered back then , but maybe I'm thinking of a
    different post. Anyway, the difference is this. The 91.36 Forceware is last
    Windows 2000 driver produced. It's XP compatible. The 169.39 drivers are the
    latest XP/ XP MCE drivers and do not have Windows 2000 ability. SO you
    should use the 169.39's.

    Augustus, Apr 3, 2008

  3. Thanks.
    I dug deeper and found more drivers at PNY's site under the Quadro area
    and found a few choices with 169.39 being available.

    2000/XP
    84.26 (NVS Series) - WHQL Certified - Release Date 04/18/06
    162.62 Quadro XP/2000 English WHQL - Release Date 10/4/07
    165.41 XP (32 bit) - Quadro FX 5600/4600 SDI ONLY
    165.41 XP (64 bit) - Quadro FX 5600/4600 SDI ONLY
    Windows XP/2000- 169.39 - WHQL
    Windows XP (64 bit) - 169.39 - WHQL

    I guess I'll start with the latest and work backwards if I have any
    problems. The Quadro is going into a dock for a ThinkPad laptop
    running WinXP and openSuSE.
    Currently I'm testing a more recent card, VisionTek ATI X1300,
    which is known for freezing/locking up at various times. Plus it has
    a fan which adds to the noise.

    Marc

    Marc D. Williams, Apr 3, 2008