    looking at it. ALso, what is the maximum FSB speed these can run at?

    Thanks,
    Brian

    BT, Jul 22, 2004

  2. BT

    Sunbow Guest

    probably a typing error. what board are you putting it in?

    Sunbow, Jul 22, 2004

  3. BT

    BT Guest

    Thanks for such a quick response. I don't remember exactly....I don't have
    the board in front of me right now....but it's an nforce 2 chipset. Are
    there 2 different CPUs, or are 2700 and 2700+ different names for the same
    thing? Ultimately, what I'm trying to get at... is what's the fastest type
    of memory I can get?

    BT, Jul 22, 2004
  4. BT

    Sunbow Guest

    Nforce2 will run most ram speeds including DDR400 and some above although
    you`re into ram dividing then and most people will tell you to run your ram
    at the same speed as your FSB. if you want 200MHz FSB for your cpu (over
    2GHz i should think) then get DDR400 ram or if you want to leave it alone
    then get DDR333 as i think 2700`s are 333MHz FSB.

    Sunbow, Jul 22, 2004
  5. BT

    Wes Newell Guest

    The XP 2700+ is an amd cpu model number. The other one isn't. It might be
    a typo, or it may be a scam.
    The part number on the cpu. And there's more than one 2700+ model. One is
    a Tbred core, and the other is a barton core. The part number will
    indicate which if you know the codes.
    In theory, as high as your board can go. But this depends on the
    multiplier used.
    13x166 is default for Tbred, but it could run at 11x200 just as well.
    12x166 is default for the barton, but it could run at 11x200 (3200+) just
    as well.

    Wes Newell, Jul 22, 2004
  6. BT

    BT Guest

    Oh ok. I get it. So there is no such thing as an XP 2700. I wasn't sure if
    there were 2 different models, or if they were just being lazy and not
    including the "+". Thanks to all for clearing it up for me.

    BT, Jul 22, 2004