    I don't plan to change my CPU/RAM/mother card right now and only for
    playing !

    Thanks for your advices.

    Bernard Segonnes, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Bernard Segonnes

    Raymond Guest

    You can probably overclock that card, using the Coolbits
    reg change, the GPU by about 50-100% and it's
    memory by about 20%, yielding an overall performance
    boost of about 40%. It's essentially an underpriced and
    underclocked 5700, which means it can perform to near
    5700 Ultra levels, because the 5700 itself is overclockable
    to near a 5700 Ultra.

    For the 3D games of the next two years, you'll need
    something even faster, like a 6600GT or better. You'll
    probably be able to buy an AGP model of these, for
    about $150 or less, some time next year.

    Raymond, Dec 1, 2004

  3. Bernard Segonnes

    YanquiDawg Guest

    The FX cards barely handle DX9 now,so they won't be DX10 compatible.
    Nvidia fucked everyone who bought an FX thinking it would run DX9.Including me
    by the way.
    There's a petition going around that says Nvidia lied about DX 9 featurs on
    the FX cards and lied again when they said it could be fixed through software.
    It can't. I signed it,but at the time there were only about 500 sigs on the
    thing so I don't really expect anything to come from it.

    YanquiDawg, Dec 1, 2004
  4. Bernard Segonnes

    Predator Guest

    why would anyone buy a 5700LE, when they know how to access
    alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia? do you not read reviews before forking
    out money for these things?

    oh well. The difference is the 5700LE is slow

    Predator, Dec 1, 2004
  5. Bernard Segonnes

    Raymond Guest

    Actually for under 100 bucks for a 256meg card,
    the 5700le is a good choice, if you understand that's it's
    really a 5700, which is nearly a 5700 Ultra, meaning that
    it's highly overclockable. And given his low end system to
    begin with, it's a great choice.

    Raymond, Dec 2, 2004
  6. Bernard Segonnes

    jafar Guest

    I demand that on Wed, 01 Dec 2004 00:44:17 -0800, Bernard Segonnes may or
    may not have written:
    The Athlon 1.2Ghz is a bit slow although you have plenty of RAM :) The
    5700LE is also a bit slow but you can overclock it. I have a standard 5700
    and I can overclock the GPU to Ultra speeds, but the memory is still
    slower.
    It's only direct-x 9 compliant but I'm sure that dirext-x 10 games will
    play albeit at slower framerates than whatever card supports ver 10 when
    they appear on the market.
    Right. A faster gfx would not have much if any benefit at the moment,
    although you could upgrade for the future.
    I would get the rest of your system up to scratch first. It will be a
    major undertaking involving new CPU, Motherboard and RAM. If you go high
    enough you will notice a huge speed increase, but the 5700LE will be the
    bottleneck in the system. Just try overclocking it for now, and save as
    much as you can for one of the Geforce 6 series.

    --
    Jafar Calley
    Registered Linux User #359623

    jafar, Dec 2, 2004