    Is mine a Barton? Is it good for overclocking?

    Thanks
    Shane

    Guest, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Guest

    Ed Guest

    Only difference between the T-Bred 2600+ (2083MHz 166x12.5) and the
    Barton 2800+ (2083Mhz 166x12.5) is the Barton has 512K L2 cache and the
    T-bred has 256K L2 cache.

    Most of the AMD chips I've had will OC at least 150MHz with little
    effort.
    Ed

    Ed, Aug 10, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks Ed. I thought the T-Bred was brown in color rather than the green
    one I have. I vagually recall the retailer gave me the impression it was a
    'barton' chip - frankly I just can't remember. I did have a system with an
    Athlon XP2400+ and it was a brown chip.

    Thanks,
    Shane

    Guest, Aug 10, 2004
  4. Guest

    BigBadger Guest

    The colour of the CPU substrate has no significance whatsoever.
    Your CPU is a T'bred with 256L2 cache. As for of it will overclock... well
    your really the best one to tell us. Why don't you try?

    BigBadger, Aug 10, 2004
  5. Guest

    andy Guest

    i have a mobile xp2500+ barton
    and its biege coloured :p

    andy, Aug 10, 2004
  6. Guest

    rstlne Guest

    Really?..

    I'd like to see a photo of that, never seen that color ;P

    It's a shame that you cant find that stuff out easily, cause I know there
    are beige color'd motherboards and I bet modders would love having the same
    color cpu :p

    rstlne, Aug 10, 2004
  7. Guest

    borolad Guest