    The prices (at Newegg) are within pennies, so I'm confused about which to
    buy.

    TIA

    Linux Man, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Linux Man

    John Russell Guest

    The AN7 uses the latest 400mhz approved chipset. Only the version 2.0 of the
    NF7 has that, and many unscrupulous suppliers seem to offload the pre 2.0
    boards on those who don't know this.

    It also has Abit's new hardware monitoring and control system.

    So the board are similer, but you should remember that most other
    manufacturers relaunched their Nforce boards when the 400mhz approved
    chipset arrived, something Abit failed to do. This is Abit's attempt at
    having something "new" to compete against those "new" boards.

    John Russell, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Linux Man

    Morgan Guest

    If I had to go for one or the other and make the choice *now* then it would
    be the revision 2 NF7-s. I have read too many horror stories and issues with
    the AN7 to give me confidence in buying one of those without enough 'good'
    posts about them to balance them out.

    You can have a look at the reviews of both boards and you will see the
    differences between them. Also Abit have announced that this would be the
    last board that they will make for Socket A, the AN7 that is.

    --
    Regards

    Morgan

    My noisy drive is noisy no more...
    www.flyinglizard.freeserve.co.uk

    Morgan, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Linux Man

    John Russell Guest

    Also Abit have announced that this would be the
    I do like it when suppliers think they can dictate what the market will buy.
    The only way to force peole onto the Athlon64 platform (as I presume this is
    what ABit will build in the future) is for AMD to stop making the AthlonXP.
    They can't do that until they have a family of athlon64 CPU's at the current
    Athlonxp prices. I'm sure AMD want to milk the "must have athlon64 at any
    price" market before they push the athlon64 down market.

    John Russell, Dec 22, 2003
  5. Linux Man

    Nil Einne Guest

    It has 3 firewire instead of two that the NF7-S has as well. Also, it
    is not yet soundstorm certified I believe although hopefully it will
    be in the future, but then again who knows...

    Nil Einne, Dec 26, 2003