    And how does one detect these additional features?
    I am asking these questions from the perspective of being able to use a
    script to determine if the current machine is a tablet PC or not.

    Arun R, Nov 3, 2005

  2. Arun R

    Chris H. Guest

    The Tablet PC Edition superset runs on top of Windows XP Pro, Arun. The
    detection is done, with the appropriate PID, visa versa - if the appropriate
    hardware is available, the bits install. You may want to check with the
    microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc.developer newsgroup where the programmers
    hang out. They may be able to assist you with the script.

    Chris H., Nov 3, 2005

  3. Arun R

    James Gockel Guest

    You could look for a registry entry, in
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run for "tablet -s"
    But thats simple to spoof.
    -James

    James Gockel, Nov 3, 2005