Different QuartusII version produces different behaviour

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by aeoshi, Mar 4, 2008.

  1. aeoshi

    aeoshi Guest

    Hello!

    My problem is similar with the post of spectrallypure schrieb. M
    colleagues are using different versions of QuartusII and my problem i
    with the actual programming of the FPGA device. We've use QuartusI
    ver7.0 for the synthesis and generation of the *.pof and *.sof files.
    However, when these programming files are downloaded on an FPGA device
    using QuartusII ver5.0, it seems that the behavior is not the same. Th
    programming was successful, however, we were not able to make the FPG
    board work as before. Right now, I am looking for a freeware programme
    tool that is compatible for QuartusII ver7.0. Maybe some of you guy
    could suggest some sites for such tools.

    Lot of thanks.

    Best Regards,

    aeoshi

    aeoshi, Mar 4, 2008

  2. I think you're SOL there, I don't know of any freeware software to program
    altera pof/sof files.

    Are you aware that there's a stand-alone executable for programming
    devices that comes with quartus? Look for quartus_pgmw.exe - it *may*
    require a few support files...

    Regards,

    Mark McDougall, Mar 5, 2008

  3. aeoshi

    aeoshi Guest

    Thanks a lot Mark!
    I'll look into that.

    aeoshi, Mar 5, 2008
  4. There is a JAM player available with source. Quartus can generate the
    required JAM file which can be programmed using the JAM player.

    Look at
    https://www.altera.com/support/software/download/programming/jam/jam-index.jsp

    Regards
    Anton Erasmus

    Anton Erasmus, Mar 5, 2008
  5. aeoshi

    GMM50 Guest

    The JAM approach is quite complicated. Just use the programmer that
    comes with QII 7.x.
    And a sof file is just a sof file. I doubt the programmer is the
    problem.

    gm

    GMM50, Mar 5, 2008