Difficulty identifying SMD on PackardBell Powerboard

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by Hoca, Feb 8, 2009.

  1. Hoca

    Hoca

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2009
    I'm trying to identify a faulty diode on the Charger-board PWA-WEASEL P4/DD_CHARGER BD from a Packard Bell Versa E400 laptop (weasel by name, weasel by nature! ;) LOL)

    It's only marked as 34 26 (item PD7 on the PCB legend)

    hxtp://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1160/1packardbellversae400ponw0.jpg
    (sorry for sneaking the link in, but without the image, there would be no hope at all of anyone having a clue what I was going on about? :S )

    Whilst I know the diode is short-circuit, due to the close proximity I wonder if the transistor marked as 8K C9 (PU1 on the PCB legend) could also be faulty? though it may have an internal diode that's giving me a double reading from base to emitter? It could prove useful to also know what this component is too?

    Can anyone please help?

    Thanks in advance

    Alan

    Hoca, Feb 8, 2009