    The Asusupdate tool is not working on this PC !
    It always corrupts the bios.

    Miguel

    Miguel Lopes, Mar 11, 2005

  2. Miguel Lopes

    Paul Guest

    Have you tried EZ flash, as explained in the manual ?

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 12, 2005

  3. Miguel Lopes

    Miguel Lopes Guest

    No,

    I tried the first update bios process chapter 3.4 of the manual.
    And now it's too late to follow the chapter 5.1 of the manual as the
    Digimatrix is dead. Doesn't boot anymore.

    Miguel

    Miguel Lopes, Mar 12, 2005
  4. Miguel Lopes

    Paul Guest

    Contact www.badflash.com and buy a new flash memory chip.
    If you look in the Asus manual for the Digimatrix, item #10 points
    to the flash chip. You have to tell badflash.com what kind of
    chip it is, and provide them with a pointer to where the BIOS
    file to program the flash chip can be found.

    There are companies other than badflash.com than can perform the
    service. For example, go here and click "BIOS chip":

    http://www.eksitdata.com/_uk/index.asp

    You can either send your old chip to the flashing company
    and they can reprogram it for you. Or, if you choose for
    them to use a new chip, that will save shipping time.

    You might also find it convenient to use an extractor, like
    this one, to pull the old chip out of its socket. Some
    companies include this tool with your shipment, while others
    expect you to pay extra for one of these.

    "PLCC Square Extractor Set #276-2101"
    http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=276-2101

    When removing the old chip, make a drawing of the orientation
    marks on the PLCC chip and the PLCC socket. The chip will have
    a dot or an arrow on its top. The socket will have a matching
    arrow. Make sure the new chip is inserted the same way the old
    one was.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Mar 12, 2005
  5. Miguel Lopes

    Miguel Lopes Guest

    Thanks a lot for your help Paul

    But my Barebone is still covered by warranty... I will send this f...
    barebone to their technical support.
    But I do not find normal that we are unable to follow their bios update
    process.

    I used to find Asus serious in terms of quality but they are really bad in
    terms of technical support...
    They nerver answered to my emails. They have no phone number for the
    technical support, only through email (easier not to answer).

    Really bad aptitude.

    Thanks anyway for your help

    Regards

    Mig