digital sound from pc/USB -> surround receiver

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by Flemming, Jan 3, 2005.

  1. Flemming

    Flemming Guest

    Hello,

    I am searching for a smart solution to listen to music/sound from my pc
    through my digital surround sound receiver.

    Setup, something like this:
    -----------------
    Notebook pc
    -->
    USB card
    -->
    toslink optical cable
    -->
    Digital surround sound receiver, which decodes and play sound
    -->
    surround speakers
    -------------------

    I would like to listen to all kind of sound from my pc from winamp radio to
    DTS sound fra dvd's.

    I have noticed some USB sound cards and an SB audigy pc-card, but do I
    really need highly advanced sound cards, when I want my digital surround
    sound receiver system to decode and play the sound ?

    Hope for some advice.

    Cheers,
    Flemming
    (Europe)