    ot mount a third drive is one of the empty drive bays. Have any of you
    folks gone this route?

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Aug 14, 2006

  2. Bob Levine

    Bob Levine Guest

    Well that came out wrong. I should have said one of the removable media
    drive bays.

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Aug 14, 2006

  3. Bob Levine

    S.Lewis Guest

    Haven't tried it, but it can likely be done. Or better still, perhaps you
    could consider a USB external.

    S.Lewis, Aug 15, 2006
  4. Yup, I moved my DVD burner to an external housing and installed 2
    additional 300GB SATA drives (giving me > 1 TB online, all SATA). I do a
    lot of video capture and editing, so I use the space (plus a couple of
    additional PATA HDDs in USB2 eternal housings).

    Sparky Spartacus, Aug 15, 2006
  5. Bob Levine

    Bob Levine Guest

    Good to know...Thanks.

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Aug 15, 2006
  6. Bob Levine

    Bob Levine Guest

    I prefer to keep it internal, but thanks.

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Aug 15, 2006
  7. I had an extra drive mounted in the 13 in 1 spot over the floppy drive
    for about 6 months and it worked flawlessly...

    Pat Patterson, Aug 15, 2006
  8. Performance is *much* better with an internal drive.

    Sparky Spartacus, Aug 15, 2006
  9. Bob Levine

    Clint Guest

    That's kind of a wide open and incorrect statement. External SCSI or eSATA
    drives should perform just as well as internal drives. USB or even Firewire
    drives are another story.

    Clint

    Clint, Aug 15, 2006
  10. Did you miss the part about a "USB external"?

    Sparky Spartacus, Aug 16, 2006
  11. Bob Levine

    Clint Guest

    All you said was "Performance is *much* better with an internal drive". How
    many "internal" USB drives do you have?

    Clint

    Clint, Aug 16, 2006
  12. I refer you to:

    Sparky Spartacus, Aug 16, 2006
  13. Bob Levine

    Bob Levine Guest

    Update: I bought a 320 gig SATA II Seagate and mounted it in the empty
    3.5" bay under the floppy drive. No poblems at all.

    Thanks for the comments.

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Aug 20, 2006