    Dim8400, for that matter )

    Thanks,

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Jan 25, 2005

  2. S.Lewis

    S.Lewis Guest

    For example:

    http://tekgems.com/Products/35-to-525-drive-adapter-bracket.htm

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Jan 25, 2005

  3. The IDE ribbon cable on the second controller is ata33 - so it might be
    worthwhile investing in a newer IDE cable to ramp up the speed.

    I found that RedHat9 Linux had trouble supporting DMA mode to the disk
    on the second controller. Upgrading to 2.4.29 kernel and switching the
    bios into normal mode allows everything to run at full speed. Windows
    might experience a similar problem of recognizing the controller properly
    (or recognizing it enough to run full speed).

    Good luck!

    Later

    Mark Hittinger

    Mark Hittinger, Jan 25, 2005