    Anyone able to boot from the cdrom that still has this machine? I've
    changed the settings in the bios and it refuses to boot from the
    cdrom.

    Guest, Apr 6, 2005

  2. Guest

    S.Lewis Guest

    Should be able to change the 'boot devices' order in BIOS and get it to
    work.

    If not, do it again after unplugging the hard drive cable from the system
    board and it will have to boot to the CD. Once it begins reading the CD,
    unplug and re-plug the hard disk. You could also try simply disabling the
    hard drive by turning it off in BIOS (and then re-enabling once the machine
    has booted from the CD).

    Perhaps lying to it this way will help. It shouldn't be this big of a deal,
    though....

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Apr 7, 2005

  3. Guest

    -Stephen- Guest

    If you have more than one CD drive try booting from the other. Only
    one CD drive can be bootable.

    -Stephen-, Apr 7, 2005
  4. Guest

    Johoo Guest

    I have the same problem with a i9100 cd. I can't boot from that cd. I CAN
    boot with the cd which i had suplied with my D8300 or P650. The cd is brand
    new, no scratches or so. Nothing to do with settings, but i tried it. Only
    boot from cd in the bios, but still, no boot from the i9100 cd. Strange.

    Harrie

    Johoo, Apr 7, 2005
  5. Guest

    sogs Guest

    Thanks for the other suggestions. I've tried more than once using the
    bios. I have a dvd and a cd and neither will boot with any setting.

    sogs, Apr 7, 2005
  6. Guest

    sogs Guest

    Neither will work.

    sogs, Apr 7, 2005
  7. Guest

    sogs Guest

    Yes, very strange. I know what you mean.
    See the other post, it might work for you.

    sogs, Apr 7, 2005