Dimension 4600 Headphone - How to connect to intel FP audio connector on ASUS MoBo

Discussion in 'Dell' started by DJToasT, Oct 13, 2004.

  1. DJToasT

    DJToasT Guest

    Could someone please enlighten me with the pin assignment for the
    stupid front headphone connector on a Dell Dimension 4600 (No Mic
    jack) to connect it to the front audio connection pin block on an ASUS
    P4P800-VM MoBo.

    The original connector to the Dell front panel has the following pin
    assignment:
    /BK(insulated) / NC / NC / NC /Purple/Yellow/Orange/Red/BK(Drain) /

    The FP Audio connector on the board is:
    ______
    /1 2 /
    /3 4 /
    /5 6 /
    /7 8 /
    /9 10/
    ------

    1: Mic2
    2: AGND
    3: MICPWR
    4: +5VA
    5: Line Out_R
    6: BLine Out_R
    7: NC
    8: Keyway (No Pin)
    9: Line Out_L
    10: BLine Out_L

    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Really!

    Harold

    DJToasT, Oct 13, 2004