    The solution where you plug a cable from output to input is not what I want

    You could install another sound card but then you would loose the
    ability to use the front I/O connectors?

    s.v.nielsen, Jan 25, 2007

  2. s.v.nielsen

    jmbainbridge Guest

    I had this problem but never found a solution.

    In my case I purchased a utility to convert the audio source to a
    usable file (in this case realaudio to mp3). Have a google for 'convert
    midi to wav'. Alternatively you can get better sound cards that do have
    the correct internal connectors (from Dell for a start) ... if they
    will allow recording what you hear I'm not sure. In any case running a
    conversion should give you better quality.

    James.

    jmbainbridge, Jan 26, 2007

  3. s.v.nielsen

    s.v.nielsen Guest

    Hi James!

    Thanks for your tip! I will try that out :)
    The PC prior to to this one had 'Sound Blaster Live' and there were
    never problems recording: 'What You Hear' :-(

    s.v.nielsen, Jan 26, 2007
  4. s.v.nielsen

    s.v.nielsen Guest

    Hi James!

    Now I succeeded in finding a converter program that pleases me very much.

    I had to try out at least ten programs. Nine of them relied on the
    playback and record functions in my sound-card, so they did not work!

    Number ten do not rely on a sound card at all, so it works! You don't
    have to fuss with recording levels and it even work faster! I've
    measured that it takes less than 12.5% of the playback time to convert a
    midi-file to a MP3-file.
    On top of it all you can choose the very sound font file (*.sf2) you
    want in the conversion. :) :)

    Anyone who has the same problem, go to:
    http://www.pistonsoft.com/midi2mp3.html?gclid=CIiR6Yeyg4oCFREwUAodoGAlOA

    Thanks again to you James for putting me on the track :)

    s.v.nielsen, Jan 28, 2007
  5. s.v.nielsen

    jmbainbridge Guest

    No problem ... doing it that way should give you better quality
    anyway.

    JB.

    jmbainbridge, Jan 28, 2007