    missing the audio connector jumper block. Can anyone point me to the
    wiring info for this jumper block?

    TIA.

    Pennorth, Oct 12, 2007

  2. Pennorth

    RnR Guest

    RnR, Oct 12, 2007

  3. Pennorth

    RnR Guest

    RnR, Oct 12, 2007
  4. Pennorth

    Pennorth Guest

    Thanks for the URLs RnR.

    I've checked them out, reviewed all the product docs, googled and
    browsed the Dell forums with no luck.

    Does anyone have any further leads ?

    Pennorth, Oct 12, 2007
  5. Pennorth

    RnR Guest

    Sorry it didn't work out. But we have some knowledgeable people here
    so don't give up hope. I've got a 9200 myself so when I can get to
    it, I'll see if I can crack it open. Refresh my memory what am I
    looking for again :( .

    RnR, Oct 12, 2007
  6. Pennorth

    Pennorth Guest

    Thanks once again RnR.

    The 9200 I/O panel is horizontally positioned across the front of the
    machine. It carrys the front-panel mic, headphone and USB sockets on
    its lower surface, together with the diagnostic LEDs and the power
    switch.

    If you remove the computer side cover, you should see the end of the
    panel if you look carefully. With the optional Soundblaster X-Fi card
    installed, there will be a cable from the header on the end of the
    panel going to the the proprietary connector on the Soundblaster. If
    you have the standard motherboard audio, there's a jumper block
    plugged into the header instead of the cable.

    Pennorth, Oct 12, 2007
  7. Pennorth

    S.Lewis Guest

    This would be a great time to take a photo and upload it to tinypic.com and
    link it back here.

    I don't know that I've actually seen this front I/O in any detail. Had no
    idea there was a jumper if no SB PCI card was present.

    ?

    S.Lewis, Oct 12, 2007
  8. Pennorth

    RnR Guest

    That would be a great idea and I could after reviewing his pic, do the
    same for him because I'd know what to aim the camera at (perhaps close
    up). Hope the OP is reading your post and this reply.
    As they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words (sure helps too if I have
    to type a 1000 words <grin> ).

    RnR, Oct 13, 2007