DIMM configuration

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Oenone, Nov 25, 2006.

  1. Oenone

    Oenone Guest

    Hello there,

    I was hoping someone could confirm that I've configured the DIMMs in my PC
    correctly.

    I have an MSI K8N Diamond (MS-7100) motherboard that was initially fitted
    with 2x512MB DIMMS, installed in DIMM sockets 1 and 2 (green and purple).

    I just bought two more DIMMS, each 1024MB, and have installed these in the
    remaining two sockets, 3 and 4 (also green and purple).

    Is this the right way to do it? I've read the relevant pages in the manual
    over and over again and still can't quite tell if I should me putting the
    matching DIMMs on to different coloured sockets as I have at the moment, or
    if I should put both the 512MBs on (say) the green sockets, and the 1024MBs
    on the purple sockets.

    Any clarification that anyone could offer would be much appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,

    --

    (O)enone

    Oenone, Nov 25, 2006

  2. Oenone

    Grunion Guest

    That is my understanding of it. Apparently, the same color configuration
    is only if you are using single sided memory.

    - Grun

    Grunion, Nov 25, 2006